[AISWorld] Salary Offer Survey: Call for survey entries

Galletta, Dennis GALLETTA at pitt.edu
Sat Nov 9 20:14:53 EST 2019

Dear Colleagues:

Here is my annual belated but important plea for you to provide your salary offer information if you have just become employed at an academic institution in my annual Salary Offer Survey. I believe the job market is heating up so please submit your offers at any level and for both this year and last year if you didn't do so last year.

Those of you who have received new offers in 2019 or even prior, whether or not you have accepted them, are encouraged to report anonymously to the field, and perhaps to reveal your identity to me alone. You can start the process at http://www.pitt.edu/~galletta/salsurv.html.

Those of you who are getting ready to make offers for the 2019 Academic Year might be interested in seeing the data. You can access the pivot table spreadsheet of results at the same address http://www.pitt.edu/~galletta/salsurv.html, thanks to Ido Millet of Penn State Erie.

If you are new to this process, the details are below.

It is important to note that, rather than collect salary information for everyone in the AIS community, this survey focuses on OFFERS, so that they represent the current situation, allowing those who make offers to be able to see the "going rate" for various positions. While AACSB reports current salaries for incumbents, Deans who offer salaries on that level (not reflecting new offers) will tend to find that candidates have better offers elsewhere from peer schools, and will need to move to their second or third choice.

The forms have been modernized in the last few years but they do take a few minutes to work through. If you were too busy to fill them out last year, you are welcome to do it this year as long as you identify the year you started. The survey form enables you to provide offer information for any previous year.

Last year I reorganized the survey so that the required questions are near the beginning and the optional questions appear in the second half (except the final question that asks about anonymity).

As before, Ido Millet has graciously provided pivot tables for the spreadsheets for several years and I thank him for doing that! The information will be updated after receiving a batch (perhaps a week's worth at a time) because I do not want to abuse the privilege of his providing those pivot table updates. Therefore, please allow some time for your information to appear in the spreadsheet. Unfortunately, there is no longer an HTML table providing the individual data items.

As always, I urge you to provide your answers in a non-anonymous manner (to me only) so Deans that do not trust anonymous data will be able to count a good sample of entries. You have my pledge as a Certified Public Accountant that I will not reveal any identity data. Nobody else (neither an assistant, nor a collaborator, nor a secretary) has any access to your identity. All identity data will be kept confidential. And please note this is an OFFER survey, not a salary survey.

DG

Dennis F. Galletta                      Professor of Business Administration
University of Pittsburgh                     Director, Katz Doctoral Program
282a Mervis Hall                                          AIS LEO and Fellow
Phone +1 412-648-1699                       Katz Graduate School of Business
Fax +1 412-624-3633                                    Pittsburgh, PA  15260
E-mail: galletta @ pitt.edu                 homepage: www.pitt.edu/~galletta<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.pitt.edu%2F~galletta&data=01%7C01%7Cgalletta%40katz.pitt.edu%7C6c38ed63ff2044c895ff08d59e9c6746%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1&sdata=mn%2FzK1thKeKZbxjEYBTPliXPQVEgsHl%2FsmrE3YU9V6g%3D&reserved=0>