[AISWorld] CFP: special issue-E-commerce in Globalization Era (JGITM)

牟健 jian.mou at xidian.edu.cn
Wed Dec 11 15:27:26 EST 2019

Dear colleagues
We are conducting a special issue in the Journal of Global Information Technology Management (JGITM). We are looking forward your submissions. JGITM is an SSCI indexed journal, which has excellent reputations for IS scholars. The call for paper lists below.You may also found more information from: https://think.taylorandfrancis.com/e-commerce-in-globalization-era/CALL FOR PAPERSSpecial issue of Journal of Global Information Technology Management (JGITM)Theme: E-commerce in Globalization EraFull paper submission deadline: September 1, 2020
Special Issue Guest Editor

Jian Mou (jian.mou at xidian.edu.cn), Xidian University & University of Ottawa

Xusen Cheng (xusen.cheng at uibe.edu.cn), University of International Business and Economics

Lin Xiao (xiaolin at nuaa.edu.cn), Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics

Theme

With the rapid development of global economy and emerging information technologies, e-commerce has entered
into a new era. Cross-border e-commerce, which is a new type of trading, has
developed rapidly integrating the global economy. Globally, both suppliers and
consumers from all over the world could trade online across time and space to
satisfy the demand from each other. Meanwhile, sellers get the opportunity to
expand their businesses outside their often-saturated home market and tap into
newer markets. According to iiMedia Research, global e-commerce will become a $800
billion market by 2019, with an increase of 27% in 2018.

Two factors have contributed to the rapid growth of global e-commerce. The first is globalization. Countries
nowadays are more integrated with each other than before. For instance, with recent
initiation of the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-Century Maritime Silk
Road (the Belt and Road initiative for short, from Asia to Europe and Africa),
many countries will tighten the economical relationships with countries on the
paths of “Belt and Road.” The second is information technology innovations. Infrastructures
and platforms conducive to e-commerce have been significantly improved,
international logistics are more efficient, and international payment has become
more secure than ever before.

The rapid growth of global e-commerce, however, is not without its roadblocks. In fact, there have been
many barriers and challenges in such areas as logistics, customs clearance, international
payment, customer services, product frauds, global e-commerce talents training
and education, culture and social adaption. Common problems reported by buyers
in global e-commerce are product frauds and counterfeits, limitation of
delivery methods, failed deliveries, contract termination, unauthorized
charges, defective products, and inconvenient returns. Solving these problems
is not easy because more than one country is involved and international
cooperation is often required. In addition, global strategic factors,
government-imposed factors, market factors, and transaction-specific factors
jointly impact the development of global e-commerce, making it more difficult
to solve those problems.

We thus organize this special issue and encourage
authors to submit topics addressing the many substantial challenges of global
issue in e-commerce. We believe these topics can provide enormous potential
benefits for both researchers and practitioners in e-commerce and international
trade industry from all over the world.

Aims and Scope

The special issue of JGITM will be
devoted to the exploration
of the many substantial challenges of global issue in e-commerce. It will
provide a forum for academic researchers, policy makers and practitioners.
Papers of all theoretical and methodological approaches are welcome. Consistent
with the focus of JGITM, all submitted papers must address global issues
associated with electronic commerce in globalization era.

Possible contributions may include, but are not limited to, the following topics:

	·       The success of e-commerce in globalization era (focusing on both buyers and seller’s perspectives)

	·        International online marketing related issues

	·        The policies and e-commerce in globalization era

	·        Mobile technologies and e-commerce in globalization era

	·        Logistics and global e-commerce

	·        Education and training models for e-commerce in globalization era

	·        Communication and collaboration for e-commerce in globalization era

	·        Economic and business innovation for e-commerce in globalization era

	·        Trust, privacy and security related issues in global e-commerce

	·        Service and cross-border e-commerce
	·        Localization related issues in global e-commerce

	·        Cross-cultural issues in global e-commerce

	·        Artificial intelligence and Fin-tech in global e-commerce

	·        Other emerging issues in global e-commerce.

All papers will go through a blind-review process. Each paper will be reviewed by at least three reviewers and the guest editor. The guest editor will make acceptance recommendations to the Editor in Chief, Dr. Prashant Palvia, who will make the final decision.

Submissions to the special issue should be full research papers. Each submitted paper will be peer
double blind review in the same manner as other submissions to the journal.
Relevance, quality and originality of the contribution are the major acceptance
criteria for each submission. After initial screening, papers are reviewed by
selected members of the editorial board and peers from an international pool
for quality, consistency and research contribution. Authors are welcome to
nominate one of the special issue editors or preferred reviewers when
submitting their paper where no conflict of interest exist (an existing
business or professional partnership, past or present association as thesis
advisor or thesis student, and/or collaboration on a project or on a
book/article/report/paper or co-editing of a journal, compendium, or conference
proceedings constitutes a conflict of interest). Papers submitted to this
journal must contain original results and must not be submitted elsewhere while
being evaluated. If a duplication is found, papers are subject to being
rejected for that reason alone.

The special issue will include the following
	  .Editorial preface to be written by the guest editors

	 .3 or 4 referred papers

	.An interview with a CIO or another senior executive of a company

	  .A book review relevant to the theme of the special issue

Important Dates
|Two-page proposal by authors (optional)|July 1, 2020||Proposal feedback to authors  |July 15, 2020||Deadline for submission |September 1, 2020||Initial decision and revisions sent to authors |November 1, 2020||Deadline for revised papers:|January 1, 2021||Notification of final acceptances:|March 1, 2021||Deadline for final versions: |May 1, 2021||Tentative publication date:|July, 2021|
Submissions:

Please follow the instructions on JGITM to prepare your manuscript and submit via the online system of Editorial Manager.

Strategy for soliciting papers

We are mainly focus on the
authors from Information Systems, e-commerce, marketing, and International
Business. We plan to solicit submissions using electronic list services such as
Association for Information Systems (AIS). We will send CFP to selected, well
known, researchers in the field. We also plan to distribute fliers with CFP at various
information systems related conferences such as AMCIS 2019, HICSS 2020, and ICIS
2019. The guest editors are serving as track chairs for aforementioned flagship
conferences.

	Best regards
	Jian Mou
	Xidian University & University of Ottawa