[AISWorld] Call For Papers AMCIS2020: Implications of Affordance Theory for Digital Strategy and Innovation Research

Suchit Ahuja suchit.ahuja at concordia.ca
Sun Feb 23 12:40:43 EST 2020

CFP AMCIS2020 Minitrack: Implications of Affordance Theory for Digital Strategy and Innovation Research

This minitrack is part of the Strategic and Competitive Uses of IT (SCUIT) track. Apologies for cross-posting.

Please consider submitting papers that use the affordance theory lens to study digital strategy and innovation to this minitrack. We aim to push the boundaries of affordance research and expand, connect, and interrelate digital innovation research with affordance research within strategy and IS. We see broader applicability for affordance theory than just at the individual and/or group level, breaking traditional boundaries and considering affordances that span ecosystems and fields.

We have seen the emergence of various streams of literature that examine how innovation is fostered by affordances that are created by digital technologies such as Social media, Mobile applications, Analytics, Cloud computing, and the Internet of Things (SMACIT). An affordance is "the potential for behaviors associated with achieving an immediate concrete outcome and arising from the relationship between an object and a goal-oriented actor or actors". Technology affordance theory is used to study implications of digital technologies for innovation processes and practices. Nonetheless, there is lack of comprehensive understanding of "how to use and apply affordance theory" in new digital innovation and entrepreneurship contexts, that are much broader than the more commonly studied individual- and group-level affordances. Entrepreneurs leverage ecosystem-wide digital affordances and depend on the affordability, accessibility, and availability of the offered services and technologies to drive innovation.

We seek papers that contribute to and extend our understanding and applicability of affordances theory within innovation ecosystems, and, which further illustrate the importance of affordances in creating innovative outcomes.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.

For more info. please see: https://amcis2020.aisconferences.org/track-descriptions/#toggle-id-24

Thank you.

Suchit Ahuja (suchit.ahuja at concordia.ca<mailto:suchit.ahuja at concordia.ca>)
Naoum Jamous (naoum.jamous at ovgu.de<mailto:naoum.jamous at ovgu.de>)
Best regards,
Suchit
Suchit Ahuja
Assistant Professor, Business Technology Management
John Molson School of Business | Concordia University
1450 Guy St, Montreal, QC H3H 0A1
suchit.ahuja at concordia.ca<mailto:suchit.ahuja at concordia.ca> | (514) 848-2424 ext. 2611