[AISWorld] Postdoc Position - Software Security & Security Analytics

Ali Babar ali.babar at adelaide.edu.au
Sun Mar 1 15:21:00 EST 2020

Position: Research Associate

Location: The Centre for Research on Engineering Software Technologies (CREST), University of Adelaide, Australia

Type of Research Activities: Experimental and Applied in close collaboration with industry/government partners

Salary Range: Salary: (Level A) $86,587 – $92,796 per annum plus 9.5% employer's contribution to superannuation

Project: ResEarch Program on Tactical Information Resilience (RePTIR)

Project Lead: Professor M. Ali Babar (https://researchers.adelaide.edu.au/profile/ali.babar#my-research)

Duration: 18 month fixed-term (Further extension is possible based on the performance and funding availability)

Deadline: March 24, 2020

Further details and application procedure: https://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/job/504007/internal-grantfunded-researcher-a-school-of-computer-science

Expression of Interest (EoI) are also welcome for the future opportunities in Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics and Software Engineering: There will be several opportunities for PhD and Postdoc in the area of Cyber Security as the University of Adelaide is a key partner in the Cyber Security Cooperative Research Centre in which Professor M. Ali Babar is leading one of the eight themes: Platforms and Architectures for Security Solutions as Service.

Make significant contributions to state-of-the-art cyber security data analytics and security protection systems

Work in close collaboration with our research partners from industry and government sector and other research providers, to develop the next generation of methods and tools to support engineering of big data security analytical systems.

You will be part of a team that is highly knowledgeable in machine learning and deep learning for devising and implementing advanced mechanisms for security data analytics. This project work is stimulated by industrial problems in cybersecurity analytical systems built using cloud and edge computing technologies. You will be expected to carry out research and development activities that will have significant impact on our industry collaborators’ abilities to design, evaluate, deploy, and operate highly complex software systems aimed at predicting, preventing, and recovering from cyber attacks, which may cause enormous social and economic losses.  This includes several opportunities to engage and collaborate with our international collaborators in Europe and USA.

To be successful you will need:

- PhD in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or closely related area
- Demonstrated ability in conducting and publishing high quality research on topics related to Architecting and Engineering Bid Data Security Systems, Secure Software Services, Security Analytical    Services, Adaptive Systems for Security
- Experience with Quantitative methods for empirical software engineering, Big Data Platforms, Design and Validation for large scale Systems, Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge and experience or willingness to gain knowledge of key domains like Digital Health Care, Smart Utilities, Defence Systems, and Autonomous Transportation
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one or more programming technologies for software design and implementation for building and evaluating prototypes and/or automation tools
Enjoy an outstanding career environment

The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.

It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.

Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity, We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.

The Faculty of ECMS aims to increase the diversity of its staff population and applications from women are particularly encouraged.  To support our staff and students in their academic lives, the faculty celebrates diversity and has a range of programs available including:

- A variety of flexible working arrangements
- Support to staff with caring responsibilities to participate in conferences, workshops, field trips and other approved work related travel
- Research support schemes designed to support female academics to enhance and promote their career
- Childcare facilities
- Women’s professional development network opportunities
- In addition, we offer salary packaging; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.

The School of Computer Science offers high quality accredited degrees in computer science, and software engineering, has strong links with industry and a robust research ethos.

Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Professor M. Ali Babar, +618 8313 4478 or email: ali.babar at adelaide.edu.au

Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.

Closing date:  March 24, 2020.

The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.