[AISWorld] Open message to conference chairs/organizers

Richard Welke rwelke at rwelke.com
Mon Mar 30 12:37:03 EDT 2020

I keep seeing announcements for conferences in the US and around the globe. As if the COVID-19 pandemic will somehow be substantially reduced or eliminated by the time your conference runs. If the conference is this year, I doubt it (even though it may be in your country). My suggestion would be that you plan to either delay the conference or run it virtually, and to do that soon so that folks making preparations to submit, attend, etc. will know before “registration opens” (and cancelling hotels, conference centers, meals, etc.) becomes very difficult. And many such facilities may have gone under by then. Just a suggestion from someone who’s run many conferences over my active career.

Richard W.