[AISWorld] Event title: The World Turned Upside Down … The future of digital innovation research post COVID-19.

Venters,W W.Venters at lse.ac.uk
Fri May 22 07:13:22 EDT 2020

Event title: The World Turned Upside Down … The future of digital innovation research post COVID-19.
For more information: https://www.diiesl.org/2020/05/15/june-2020/
Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-world-turned-upside-down-digital-innovation-research-post-covid-19-tickets-105345643656
A half-day free research seminar as part of the The Digital Infrastructure, Innovation and Economy Series London (www.DIIESL.org<http://www.DIIESL.org>)
In 2020 the world turned upside down: one particular consequence has been the most marked shift to digital forms of social interaction we are likely to see in our lifetimes. We would like to hold a workshop to explore how research in Information Systems and related fields might (and perhaps should) change in response, by bringing together a range of information systems researchers to engage in reflection and futurology.
We will not dwell on COVID, choosing to focus instead on imagining what sort of changes may ensue – and speculating on how these are likely to affect our disciplines. The workshop will be informed by futures research (Chiasson, Davidson et al. 2018) and consist of short presentations on imagined changes, followed by structured discussion and debate.
Chairperson:
Dr Will Venters <http://www.lse.ac.uk/management/people/academic-staff/wventers> – LSE
Speakers
Prof. Michael Barrett<https://www.diiesl.org/wp-admin/.jbs.cam.ac.uk/faculty-research/faculty-a-z/michael-barrett/> – Judge Business School
Why IS Practice Essential for Digital Innovation Research
Prof. François-Xavier de Vaujany<https://drm.dauphine.fr/fr/drm/membres/detail-cv/profile/francois-xavier-de-vaujany.html> – Université Paris Dauphine-PSL
The Birth of Digitality: Computing for a World in Crisis in the 40s
Dr Mareike Möhlmann<https://www.wbs.ac.uk/about/person/mareike-moehlmann> – Warwick Business School
App-based surveillance – Lessons from the algorithmic management of Uber drivers
Prof. Mark Thompson<http://business-school.exeter.ac.uk/about/people/profile/index.php?web_id=Mark_Thompson> – Exeter University
Public services during COVID: the curious case of a ‘digital’ council
Dr Edgar Whitley<http://www.lse.ac.uk/management/people/academic-staff/ewhitley> – London School of Economics
TBA
Prof. Mike Chaisson<http://csscf.ok.ubc.ca/about/faculity/mike-chiasson/> – The University of British Columbia
TBA
Dr Wendy Günther<http://business-school.exeter.ac.uk/about/people/profile/index.php?web_id=Wendy_Gunther> will act as rapporteur and provide a summary at the end of the event.
All are welcome to join! Hope to see you there.

Dr. Wendy Günther
Lecturer
University of Exeter
Initiative for the Digital Economy at Exeter (INDEX)

[/var/folders/z6/k3q5zb7n3tvdhmnwrmy4gll80000gp/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cid55c229f6-3bc9-4f4b-8a78-dd1cde2109ca]