[AISWorld] On CC2020 draft

Jose Manuel Mora Tavarez jose.mora at edu.uaa.mx
Fri May 22 12:32:19 EDT 2020

An open comment on the CC2020 draft:

I have taught graduate and undergraduate courses on ITSM and Data Center Management, from the 2005 year to at present (and Computing courses since 1984), and published international research in such topics. Well, my academic concerns is about the worldwide "Computing Curricula 2020 (CC2020) is a joint project launched by professional computing societies to examine the current curricular guidelines for academic degree programs in computing and provide a vision for the future of computing. The project has produced a draft report that is available for review from May 1, 2020 to June 15, 2020." Why? Please visit the draft and you will realize the null inclusion of rigor-oriented and emergent agile ITSM frameworks. Website and survey for comments can be reached at:

The CC2020 draft version proposes 7 avenues (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems and Data Science) and it is excellent! but despite the IT curricula updates the top IT 2017 curricula (where ITSM, IT infrastructure, virtualization, and other Data Centers topics are covered) the new version has omitted all of them! This CC2020 cites the European e-Competence Framework (e-CF) version 3.0 (focused on ICT sector) which clearly includes ITSM topics, but the IT - CC2020 curricula does not include it. I have filled the survey and critiqued it but most people from the ICT industry should alert on the damages on IT curricula. The logical reason is also evident: none academic expert on ITSM was included. Ok thanks.

Prof. Manuel Mora (BSc'84, MSc´89, EngD'03)

REFS:

https://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/education/curricula-recommendations/it2017.pdf

https://www.ecompetences.eu/e-cf-3-0-download/

https://cc2020.nsparc.msstate.edu/

https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319650814

Manuel Mora, EngD.
Full-time Professor and Researcher Level C
ACM Senior Member / SNI Member
Department of Information Systems
Autonomous University of Aguascalientes
Ave. Universidad 940