[AISWorld] CFP: IEEE ICDM Workshop on Data Mining for the Healthy Aging

Tobias Grubenmann grubenmann at cs.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jul 16 11:21:26 EDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

The first IEEE ICDM Workshop on Data Mining for the Healthy Aging (DHA) is inviting submissions of research papers related to all aspects of data mining and our aging population. This includes but is not limited to the following topics: Healthy Aging, Eldercare, Mobility, Financial and Economic aspects, Lifestyle and Quality of Life, Work and Engagement, Diseases, End of Life.

--------------------------
* Important Dates
--------------------------

August 24, 2020: Paper submission deadline

September 17, 2020: Notification of acceptance

September 24, 2020: Submission of camera-ready version

November 17, 2020: Workshops date

--------------------------
* Overview
--------------------------

The IEEE ICDM Workshop on Data Mining for the Healthy Aging (DHA) explores the challenges imposed by a rapidly aging population. Advances in medicine, infrastructure, and our society as a whole have increased the average human life expectancy significantly. The growing number of people aged 60 years and over poses new and unique challenges to our society which we can only tackle together. The goal of DHA is to provide a platform for research related to all aspects of data mining and our aging population. This includes but is not limited to the following topics: Healthy Aging, Eldercare, Mobility, Financial and Economic aspects, Lifestyle and Quality of Life, Work and Engagement, Diseases, End of Life.

--------------------------
* Topics of Interest
--------------------------

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Eldercare
- Mobility for elderly people and Paratransit
- Financial and Economic aspects of our aging population
- Lifestyle and Quality of Life for elderly people
- Work and Engagement after retirement
- Prediction and prevention of depression and dementia
- End of Life and aging with dignity
- Social interaction and communities
- Sensors and IOT systems for health monitoring
- IoT in the context of healthy aging

--------------------------
* Submission Guidelines
--------------------------

All accepted paper will have to give a presentation at the 20th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM) workshop day on November 17, 2020. Submissions should not exceed 8 pages plus 2 extra pages, formatted according to the IEEE 2-column format. All accepted workshop papers will be published in the ICDMW proceedings, published by the IEEE Computer Society Press.

All submissions will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Originality of the research
- Relevance to the workshop
- Impact on our society
- Soundness of the contribution
- Review of related work
- Presentation and language

All reviews will be single-blind.

Papers can be submitted via the following link:
https://www.wi-lab.com/cyberchair/2020/icdm20/scripts/submit.php?subarea=S20&undisplay_detail=1&wh=/cyberchair/2020/icdm20/scripts/ws_submit.php

--------------------------
* Keynote Speaker
--------------------------

Shusaku Tsumoto, Shimane University

--------------------------
* Program Committee
--------------------------

Terry Lum, The University of Hong Kong
Vijay Atluri, Rutgers University
Chuan Wu, The University of Hong Kong
Hao Luo, The University of Hong Kong
Ping Zhang, The Ohio State University
Chaozhuo Li, Microsoft Research Asia
Jose F. Rodrigues Jr., Universdade de São Paulo
Thomas Kup Sze Choi, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University

* Organizers

Reynold C.K. Cheng, The University of Hong Kong
Tobias Grubenmann, The University of Hong Kong / University of Bonn
Rao Kotagiri, The University of Melbourne
Vincent S.Tseng, National Chiao Tung University