[AISWorld] CFP - MIS Quarterly Special Issue on Digital Resilience

Siva Viswanathan sviswan1 at umd.edu
Thu Jul 30 07:43:24 EDT 2020

*MIS Quarterly* is delighted to announce a new special issue on “Digital
Resilience”.

The COVID-19 pandemic has vividly surfaced the need for digital resilience
in recovering from and adjusting to massive disruptions from pandemics and
other major exogenous shocks.

The objective of the special issue is to attract and publish
forward-looking research on digital resilience to major exogenous
shocks—those which disrupt businesses across industries and societal
activities across locations, and create significant uncertainty about the
duration and course of the disorder as well as how to respond and adjust.
We use the term digital resilience to refer to the phenomena of designing,
deploying, and using information systems to quickly recover from or adjust
to major disruptions from such shocks.

This special issue welcomes work on digital resilience that is informed by
the COVID-19 pandemic. It also welcomes work in the context of other major
exogenous shocks—technological, economic, political, and social—which are
cross-industry, affect a substantial part of society, and present great
uncertainty in the duration and course of the disorder.  We welcome work
that contributes to our understanding of digital resilience of individuals,
organizations, information systems, communities, governments, or other
entities that are affected by a major exogenous shock.

We look forward to attracting our discipline’s best ideas on digital
resilience. Submissions are due November 30, 2020.

For details and timelines, please see the Call for Papers at:

https://misq.org/skin/frontend/default/misq/pdf/CurrentCalls/DigitalResilience.pdf

*Siva Viswanathan <https://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/directory/siva-viswanathan>*
*Dean's Professor of Information Systems and Digital Innovation,*
*Decision, Operations, and Information Technologies*

*Robert H Smith School of Business*
*4313 Van Munching Hall*
*University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742.*
*Phone: 301-405-8587*
*Research Papers on SSRN
<http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=340684>*