[AISWorld] AMCIS 2020: Mid-Career Meetup (Final Chance to Register)

Petter, Stacie Stacie_Petter at baylor.edu
Mon Aug 3 11:01:45 EDT 2020

This is your last chance to register for the Mid-Career Meetup at AMCIS 2020, which will be on August 11. If you would like to attend, register for AMCIS 2020 today or update your VCS conference registration to include the AMCIS Mid-Career Meeup.

At the AMCIS 2020 Mid-Career Meetup, network with fellow mid-career faculty and engage in professional development. If you are an Associate Professor (or an equivalent title such as Senior Lecturer, Clinical Associate Professor, etc.),we hope you will register and will join us for this event. You'll have a chance to network and interact with fellow mid-career faculty as we discuss what opportunities are available for faculty post-tenure and promotion. Using an innovative virtual conferencing platform, Remo, we will host two panel sessions.

The first panel, "Tenured and Untethered: Finding Opportunities for Mid-Career Growth", is scheduled from 8:00am to 9:30am MDT and is a discussion of different types of academic pathways that associate professors may pursue. We have panelists with a range of experiences, such as serving as program directors, department chairs, AIS Council members, and research center directors. This discussion will enable participants to consider the various pathways available at mid-career stage. Panelists for this session include: Rob Crossler, Sherae Daniel, Adriane Randolph, and Ryan Wright.

The second panel, "What I Wish I Knew about being an Editor", is scheduled from 4:00pm to 5:30pm MDT and is comprised of individuals that serve or have served in a range of editorial roles including, associate editor, senior editor, and editor-in-chief. Panelists will share their lessons learned and best practices for those who are aspiring editorial board members, new editorial board members, or existing editorial board members. The panelists for this session include: Manju Ahuja, Likoebe Maruping, Lionel Robert, and Suprateek Sarker.

You can only attend this event if you register in advance and (virtual) seating is limited. Registration is schedule to close on Tuesday, August 3rd. Those who register will receive a link via email to access both panels for this event.

More details are available via: https://amcis2020.aisconferences.org/events/mid-career-faculty-meetup/

For more information, contact the AMCIS 2020 Mid-Career Meetup Organizers:
Allen Johnston, University of Alabama (ajohnston at cba.ua.edu)
Stacie Petter, Baylor University (stacie_petter at baylor.edu)
Jaime Windeler, University of Cincinnati (windeljb at ucmail.uc.edu)