[AISWorld] New Textbook on "Systems Benchmarking - For Scientists and Engineers" available

Samuel Kounev samuel.kounev at uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Oct 21 08:50:04 EDT 2020

We are happy to announce that our new textbook on systems benchmarking
has finally been published by Springer! More at:
http://benchmarking-book.com
Teaching materials (slides and exercises) will be provided later for
those interested in using the book for teaching a course on the topic.

This has been a long-term effort and a major milestone for us: the
initial idea emerged back in 2015 and we have worked intensively over
the past years to make this vision a reality. To the best of our
knowledge, this is the first textbook specifically focussed on this topic.

The book serves as both a textbook and handbook on the benchmarking of
systems and components thereof. It provides theoretical and practical
foundations as well as an in-depth exploration of modern benchmarks and
benchmark development.

Enjoy!
Samuel Kounev, Klaus-Dieter Lange, and Jóakim von Kistowski