[AISWorld] Assistant Professor position for Fall'21

Kappelman, Leon Leon.Kappelman at unt.edu
Wed Feb 3 19:38:12 EST 2021

This position became available to us just today.  It is not even posted yet but will be shortly.  If you are interested, please drop me a note and I'll notify you when it's posted
The Information Technology & Decision Sciences (ITDS) Department in the G. Brint Ryan College of Business at the University of North Texas, a Carnegie R1 university, seeks an individual for a tenure-track faculty position in Information Systems (IS) or a closely related field, with the ability and experience to teach and develop undergraduate and graduate IS courses, conduct high-quality research in those or closely related fields independently and with faculty colleagues and doctoral students, advise and mentor students, procure research and other funding, and render service to the department, college, university, and profession commensurate with their rank.
The Department of Information Technology and Decision Sciences (ITDS) is comprised of two academic disciplines, Information Systems and Management Science.  The ITDS department has 26 research and teaching faculty whose mission is to conduct cutting edge research and prepare the next generation of information systems, management science, and business analytics professionals.  We already have three new faculty members hired to join us in August, which will make 29.  This position will make 30.  Our department offers degrees at the bachelor's, master's, and PhD levels.  Five of our degrees are STEM-designated - BS and MS in IS and BBA, MBA, and MS in Business Analytics.  We also offer PhDs in Information Systems, Management Science, and Information Assurance.  ITDS has a solid track record of producing well-prepared, motivated, and, ultimately successful technology and business professionals as well as academicians.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will have a PhD in Information Systems (IS) or a closely related field, experience teaching undergraduate and/or graduate IS courses, with evidence of excellent performance as a teacher, a proven ability to conduct research independently and with others, and publish in IS academic journals and/or conferences.  Degree must be awarded from an AASCB-accredited or similarly accredited institution.
Our preference is for a proven senior Assistant Professor.  Excellent teaching and research productivity are key.  (1) Several years of experience teaching and developing undergraduate and/or graduate IS courses and/or curriculum are desirable, as is (2) a proven ability to conduct world-class, impactful research independently and with others, and publish in top-quality (e.g., FT50, ABDC A*/A) IS academic journals.  (3) Experience, ability, and/or desire (a) to work on and obtain research grants, contracts, and other funding is also desirable; as is (b) a proven ability, or at least a willingness, to advise, recruit, and/or mentor students.
Best wishes,
Leon

"The cost of leadership is self-interest." - Simon Sinek
Leon A. Kappelman, Ph.D.
  Professor of Information Systems
  Chair, Information Technology and Decision Sciences Department
    G. Brint Ryan College of Business, University of North Texas
    Voice: 940-565-4698   Email: kapp at unt.edu<mailto:kapp at unt.edu>
  Primary Investigator, SIM's Annual IT Trends Study<http://www.simnet.org/?ITTrendsStudy>
If you would like to help our students during this difficult time, please visit https://one.unt.edu/itds