[AISWorld] AIS council election: Vote for real change - vote for real inclusion

harfouche tony harfoant at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 08:49:37 EST 2021

Dear colleagues member of the AIS community

As candidate for the 2021 Council of the Association for InformationSystems (aisnet.org), I want to propose a complete program that aims to supportthe development of Information Systems research globally.

This message aims to resume my program and mystatement of platform

I appreciate your support. Please encourage AISfriends and colleagues to vote for me:

Link to my video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz4EaWFbWEA&feature=youtu.be

Link to the voting page:

https://aisnet.org/general/custom.asp?page=AISCouncilElec21

 Antoine Harfouche

Candidate for the position of VP SIGs& Colleges of the AIS

  Biographicalsketch

I’m currently an Associate Professor ofInformation Systems (IS) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) at University ParisNanterre where I teach undergraduate and graduate courses in various areas,including IS, AI, Big Data, and Quantitative Methods. I completed an M.Sc. anda Ph.D. in Management Information Systems at Paris Dauphine University FR) (incollaboration with Georgia State University). My research primarily examineshow IS and AI impact individuals, organizations, and societies in general. Mypublications appeared in peer-reviewed journals (e.g., the Annals of OperationResearch, Trends in Biotechnology, IT& People, Journal of EnterpriseInformation management, ISF, and others) and renowned conference proceedings(e.g., ICIS, PACIS, AMCIS). Throughout my career, I have obtained aconsiderable amount of funding - above 2 million dollars - from the FrenchResearch Council (ANR) and the European ERANSMUS+. In the ANR project(ANR-DS0701/2016), we designed an AI framework called Informed-AI to augment humanknowledge. In the ERASMUS+ project VRAILEXIA, I have co-designed a strategicpartnership project that aims to integrate responsible artificial intelligencewith virtual reality to support higher education students with dyslexia. Thisinnovative project was given a score of 98 out of 100 by the ERASMUS+ agency,thus achieved first place in 2020. Recently, during ICIS2020, I was awarded theAIS Sandra Slaughter Service Award. In the past, I was also recognized by theICTO community and the French government (CEFAG-FNEGE Scholarship Award 2008,Eiffel Scholarship for Excellence in Ph.D. 2007, Merit Award of FrenchGovernment 1998).

Link to full profile: https://www.parisnanterre.fr/m-antoine-harfouche--719027.kjsp

AIS membership and experience statement

I am grateful for and humbled by the confidencethe AIS nomination committee has shown in me, and I appreciate the chance thathas been given to me to serve the AIS community. I have been a long-standingmember of the AIS, and have previously served on many committees, such as theAIS membership committee, and I’m proud that at that time, we were able toreduce the AIS membership fees by indexing the fees to the country GDP/capita.

On the chapters and SIGs levels, I am afounding member and a past president of the Lebanese Chapter of the AIS (LAIS)(outstanding AIS chapter in 2016, 2018, 2019), a founding member and presidentof the MENA-AIS (105 members and outstanding chapter in 2018 and 2019). I amalso a founding member of two new coming SIGs (IT and Economic Intelligence, ITand Defence) and many new chapters (e.g., West Africa chapter of the AIS). Inall these communities, the EDEI (Ethic, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) hasbecome the core of who we are. All these new communities are strongly committedto promote these EDEI four values across all their practices. We also worked onimproving the community’s research and publishing skills by organizing 12conferences, numerous paper development workshops, and 11 special issuesdedicated to the role of IS in improving our world and our life.

 Statementof platform or position

Candidate for the position of VP SIGs& Colleges of the AIS

Information Systems is one of the most dynamicscientific disciplines, constantly presenting new opportunities and challengesto which SIGs and Colleges respond with innovative strategies and actions. I’mencouraged by the sustained commitment of SIGs & Colleges boards andcommittees constantly serving the AIS members.

What you can expect from me for the upcomingterm is my commitment and dedication to serving SIGs and Colleges in the bestway possible. My program will be articulated around three key priorities:

-       Promotingthe diversity of ideas and people by making SIGs & Colleges accessible toall, including those facing challenges: 1- by reducing registration fees ofconferences and SIGs & Colleges events (indexing it to the country GDP percapita), and 2- by extending SIGs & Colleges meetings and pre-conferenceevents in a hybrid modality.

-       Empoweringunderrepresented/ underserved groups to make SIGs and Colleges more inclusiveby institutionalizing a parity democracy for equal gender representation intheir boards and committees.

-       Institutionalizea bottom-up participatory approach that aims at empowering SIGs & Collegesby introducing new Board of SIGs and Board of Colleges and by strengthening theinvolvement of SIGs & Colleges in sponsoring tracks of major AIS conferences(ICIS, ECIS, PACIS).

I take the opportunity to serve the AIS veryseriously, and if elected, I will continue to do everything to represent theAIS SIGs and Colleges effectively. With great commitment to the future of ourassociation, I will strive to make it more inclusive and more global.

To vote : https://aisnet.org/general/custom.asp?page=AISCouncilElec21

Best regards

Antoine Harfouche, PhD

tel: 0033651442331