[AISWorld] Clinical Professor in Business Analytics position for Fall'21 in ITDS Department in RCOB @ UNT

Kappelman, Leon Leon.Kappelman at unt.edu
Tue Apr 13 11:02:05 EDT 2021

We just posted a Clinical Assistant Professor position to start in August'21.  It is a continuing and not a visiting position.  In particular, we're looking for an experienced Clinical Professor but are open to all qualified candidates.  Additional details from the posting are below and you may apply here https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/44710.

Clinical Assistant Professor - Business Analytics

Department Summary The Department of Information Technology and Decision Sciences (ITDS) is comprised of two academic disciplines, Information Systems and Management Science. The ITDS department has 26 research and teaching faculty (29 by August) whose mission is to conduct cutting edge research and prepare the next generation of information systems, management science, and business analytics professionals. Our department offers degrees at the bachelors, masters, and PhD levels. Five of our degrees are STEM-designated - A BS and MS in Information Systems and a BBA. MBA, and MS in Business Analytics. ITDS has a long track record of producing well-prepared, motivated, and, ultimately, successful business professionals and academicians.

Job Summary/Basic Function: The Information Technology & Decision Sciences (ITDS) Department in the G. Brint Ryan College of Business at the University of North Texas, a Carnegie R1 university, seeks an individual for a clinical faculty position in Decision Sciences / Management Science / Business Analytics (DS/MS/BA) with the ability and experience to teach and develop undergraduate and graduate DS/MS/BA courses, make quality intellectual contributions in those or closely related fields independently and with faculty colleagues and doctoral students, advise and mentor students, and render service to the department, college, university, and profession commensurate with their rank.

Minimum Qualifications: The successful candidate must have a PhD in Business Analytics / Decision Sciences / Management Science (BA/DS/MS) or a closely related field. Candidates must have three or more years of college-level teaching experience in BA/DS/MS or a closely related field and three or more years of management and/or consulting experience in a closely-related field. A track record developing, expanding, and improving relations with organizations that intern and/or hire college graduates is also important.

Preferred Qualifications: Strong preference for a proven teacher with experience teaching undergraduate and graduate business analytics courses and discipline-specific managerial experience. Also one with experience developing courses, curriculum, and/or teaching cases, and who is also able and willing to assist students with career guidance and helping us nurture, expand, and improve our relations with industry. A proven record of research or other discipline-specific intellectual contributions is desired, since productivity in this area is part of annual evaluations; therefore, preference is for a candidate proven to be capable of and interested in conducting discipline-related research independently or with colleagues. Great teaching is key.

ITDS enrollments are up over 33% in the past year and over 63% in the past three. ITDS majors are up this semester over 34% YOY and over 84% in the past three, with undergrad majors up nearly 40% and master's over 250%. Our PhD program includes specializations in IS, Management Science, and Information Assurance. We have a great corporate Advisory Board too.

I hope all is good, safe, and healthy with all of our faculty colleagues and friends around the world and all of your loved ones too!

Best wishes,
Leon

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." - Vince Lombardi
Leon A. Kappelman, Ph.D.
  Professor of Information Systems
  Chair, Information Technology and Decision Sciences Department
    G. Brint Ryan College of Business, University of North Texas
    Voice: 940-565-4698   Email: kapp at unt.edu<mailto:kapp at unt.edu>
  Primary Investigator, SIM's Annual IT Trends Study<http://www.simnet.org/?ITTrendsStudy>
If you would like to help our students during this difficult time, please visit https://one.unt.edu/itds