[AISWorld] Amir Haj-Bolouri - SIGPhil's Philosophical dialogues: the story behind the work with Amir Haj-Bolouri

Mijalche Santa mijalche at santa.mk
Wed Apr 28 15:26:54 EDT 2021

"SIGPhil's Philosophical dialogues: the story behind the work" is an AIS SIGPhil's activity to promote the philosophical discourse in IS field.

The purpose of the SIGPhil's podcasts "Philosophical dialogues: the story behind the work" is to go behind the published work and seek answers to why philosophy, how philosophy, when philosophy and with whom. Together with the quests talking about their experience we will explore the history, the ideas, the reasoning, the process, the challenges and the funny things that happened and made contribution to what they did and published. We will also discuss what did not got published and the future of their philosophical work. All that in 45 to 60 minutes.

If you want to engage or just explore the philosophy of science in information systems you should listen these podcasts.

Today I talk with Amir Haj-Bolouri, an assistant professor at University West, Trollhättan, Sweden.  Doctor Haj-Bolouri research is mainly within the field of Information Systems with a focus on questions and phenomena conerning design, immersive technologies (e.g., Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality), philosophy, and learning.

Amir's research has contributed to the domains of Design Science Research, Action Design Research, E-Learning, theory and theorizing in Information Systems and philosophy in Information Systems. Amir cooperates with leading scholars and has recently published the paper "Revitalizing Thoughts on Theory, Theorizing, and Philosophizing in Information Systems" in the "Advancing Information Systems Theories Rationale and Processes" series edited by Nik Rushdi Hassan and Leslie P. Willcocks, and "Wickedness in Designing IT for Integration Work: A Phenomenological Account" as an upcoming publication in Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems.

Today we explore those thoughts from the perspective of younger scholar and talk about so what and what it adds philosophy to your paper, the importance of iteration , the need to be pragmatical and at the end we talk about the Eastern philosophies. With this I bring you Amir.

You can listen the podcast on the following link https://anchor.fm/mijalche-santa/episodes/Amir-Haj-Bolouri-SIGPhils-Philosophical-dialogues-evrv9q

If you missed you can also listen the podcasts with Dubravka Cecez-Kecmanovic, John Mingers, Jan Recker, Shirley Gregor, Bo Dahlbom, Brian Butler and Allen S Lee at
- https://anchor.fm/mijalche-santa
- https://open.spotify.com/show/6lfVSrrVBS3F2kBbN4LRgK
- https://pcr.apple.com/id1554436795

Stay tuned

Mijalche Santa
on behalf of AIS SIGPhil team

gOaL: mAkiNg ToDay W O R T H

Mijalche Santa, Ph.D. (he/him/his)
Vice-Dean for Science and International Cooperation and Associate Professor
Faculty of Economics - Skopje
Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje
mijalche.santa at eccf.ukim.edu.mk
mijalche at santa.mk
00389 2 3286 857