[AISWorld] IEEE TEMS Technical Committee on Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies

Raymond Choo raymond.choo at fulbrightmail.org
Thu May 6 10:54:19 EDT 2021

Dear AIS Community,

We have recently set up a Technical Committee on Blockchain and Distributed
Ledger Technologies (DLT) at IEEE Technology and Engineering Management
Society (TEMS).

IEEETEMS Technical Committee on Blockchain seeks to facilitate and promote
research, education, commercialization, and collaboration on the topic of
blockchain and other DLT across different disciplines and countries, with
the objective of contributing to the long-term technological
competitiveness of blockchain and our society. It is also envisioned that
in the next two to three years, the TC will introduce *early- and
mid-career awards* to recognize outstanding researchers who have made a
significant contribution to blockchain research and development,
innovation, and/or entrepreneurship, as well as *outstanding service awards*
to recognize individuals for their outstanding services to the TC.

Currently, we have the following three subcommittees (i.e., TEMSBOK,
Blockchain and DLT Standard, and Publications) and two special interest
groups (SIG) (i.e., Security, and Energy – Jointly with Blockchain in
Energy - IEEE P2418.5 Working Group). We also have the following confirmed
advisory board members.

1.      Tugrul Daim, Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Transactions on Engineering
Management,  Portland State University, USA

2.      My Thai, IEEE Fellow, Editor-in-Chief (EiC) of Journal of
Combinatorial Optimization, EiC of Computational Social Networks,
University of Florida, USA

3.      Bhavani Thuraisingham, Fellow of ACM, IEEE,AAAS, NAI, IMA,
University of Texas at Dallas, USA

4.      Chonggang Wang, IEEE Fellow, Editor-in-Chief (EiC) of IEEE
Networks, Associate EiC of IEEE Transactions on Big Data, Educator-in-Chief
of IEEE Academy on Internet of Things, InterDigital Communications, USA

More information on setting up the TC website, etc will be made available
soon.

On this note, we warmly welcome researchers and practitioners from the AIS
Community who have an interest in blockchain and DLT to join the TC. We are
also soliciting ideas and nominations for individuals who are interested in
establishing subcommittees and SIGs, for example in various business and
industry applications of blockchain and DLT.

Please feel free to spread the word and also recruit research-active
researchers and practitioners to join the TC.

Prospective TC members also need to join TEMS (
https://www.ieee.org/membership-catalog/productdetail/showProductDetailPage.html?product=MEMTEM014)
since the TC is part of TEMS.

Thank you for your time and support and I look forward to working closely
with the AIS Community to ensure the success of our TC.

Cheers,
Raymond Choo
University of Texas at San Antonio
raymond.choo at utsa.edu