[AISWorld] Welcome to the 3RD issue of Volume 30 of The Journal of Strategic Information Systems (JSIS).

Guy Gable g.gable at qut.edu.au
Mon Aug 16 17:58:43 EDT 2021

Welcome to the 3RD issue of Volume 30 of The Journal of Strategic Information Systems (JSIS).

Before we introduce the 6 excellent articles in the 3rd issue, we boast two key successes for JSIS.

FIRST ... and perhaps most exciting is our recently announced Clarivate Analytics Impact Factor score for 2020 of 11.0, (CiteScore 17.4)! This is an astounding result - full credit to the core editorial team. Sensitivity analysis suggests the result is robust (e.g., ignoring 8 articles with highest citations, the IF remains above our already very strong 2019 IF). We can't however imagine improving on such a strong score next year, but rather aim to continue the ambitious long-term upward trajectory established by our predecessors Bob Galliers and Sirkka Jarvenpaa.

SECOND ... JSIS has been elevated within the recently released new version of the Academic Journal Guide (AJG) from the Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS), up from a rating of 3 ("highly regarded") to a rating of 4 ("top journals in their field"). This is a tremendous result for JSIS and for the IS discipline and the AIS. These results are mirrored in SCIMAGO where JSIS continues as Q1 (1st quartile) in all categories it is listed, and as D1 (1st decile) in Information Systems.

We're pleased next to list the six excellent articles in the third issue of JSIS for 2021!

Oberländer, A. M., Röglinger, M., & Rosemann, M. (2021). Digital opportunities for incumbents-A resource-centric perspective. JSIS, 30(3), 101670.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0963868721000172

Liu, M., Hansen, S., & Tu, Q. (2021). Sustaining collaborative software development through strategic consortium. JSIS, 30(3), 101671.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0963868721000184

Tsai, H. P., & Compeau, D. R. (2021). Understanding and measuring formal communication quality for technology implementation: A test during the anticipation stage. JSIS, 30(3), 101669.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0963868721000160

Canhoto, A. I., Quinton, S., Pera, R., Molinillo, S., & Simkin, L. (2021). Digital strategy aligning in SMEs: A dynamic capabilities perspective. JSIS, 30(3), 101682.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0963868721000299

Kettinger, W. J., Ryoo, S. Y., & Marchand, D. A. (2021). We're engaged! Following the path to a successful information management capability. JSIS, 30(3), 101681.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0963868721000287

Marabelli, M., Newell, S., & Handunge, V. (2021). The lifecycle of algorithmic decision-making systems: Organizational choices and ethical challenges. JSIS, 30(3), 101683.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0963868721000305

Finally, we take this opportunity to mention that the JSIS Best Paper 2020 announced previously, is freely available through end 2021 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0963868720300226  ... Grønsund, T., & Aanestad, M. (2020). Augmenting the algorithm: Emerging human-in-the-loop work configurations. JSIS, 29(2), 101614.