[AISWorld] Can you provide feedback on our project's study design which aims to understand IS professionals' perceptions of IS research?

Cathal Doyle cathal.doyle at vuw.ac.nz
Sun Aug 29 03:15:55 EDT 2021

Kia ora

We are conducting a study on the ever eternal IS research topic of rigour versus relevance. This is because when we looked at the literature published in IS journals around the topic, the majority comes from IS researchers perceptions, with the voice of the IS professional often missing. Thus, our study looks to understand IS professionals' perceptions of IS research, aiming to identify ways to make it more relevant to them.

However, before we execute our study, we’d love to get your feedback on our problem statement and study design, including our survey instrument. For example, you can tell us if the problem is worth looking at, if the study design will allow us to achieve our aim, and/or if the survey is adequate for collecting valuable data (including if we need to add/remove questions, reword questions, etc.).

You can do so by going to our project on the Open Science Framework (OSF), reviewing the content, signing in, clicking the speech bubble at the top right of any page and leaving your comment(s): https://www.doi.org/10.17605/OSF.IO/YZS5Q. Alternatively, you can review the content there and reply with your feedback by emailing me.

Please feel free to share this with any other colleagues or mailing lists that you think can provide valuable feedback. In addition, if you have any questions/suggestions, just let me know.

Ngā mihi

Cathal

PS

  *   If you’re interested in getting involved in this project or talking more about Open Science, please feel free to contact me, and we can discuss further
  *   You can read about Registered Reports in Information Systems in our HICSS paper: http://hdl.handle.net/10125/64361
  *   This is a link to our Registered Report for this project: https://osf.io/gfd7n

Cathal Doyle, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer