[AISWorld] AIS Special Interest Group for Education (SIGED) Conference Call for Papers

Blooma.John Blooma.John at canberra.edu.au
Thu Sep 16 22:05:10 EDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

The AIS Special Interest Group for Education (SIGED) invites you to submit your research papers, practice papers and opinion papers for a special session on COVID-19 Learning, Pedagogy, and Educational Systems.

COVID-19 outbreak has rapidly transitioned the educational systems through unprecedented changes. The sudden transformation is not only challenging but has the capability to innovate our information systems education by implementing new technologies and by handling its environmental impacts. This posed considerable issues to higher education. Ethical and practical challenges in assessing, proctoring and administering, casted a big question to be answered. New ways of evaluation and inclusive teaching as a replacement for face-to-face student interaction had to be thoroughly explored. Now, more than a year after the outbreak of the pandemic, we can look back, evaluate and look forward to the gained experiences. What did we learn, what challenges did we face and what will survive when overcoming the pandemic? By sharing our experiences we can thus shed light on whether the pandemic ultimately proved to be a threat or an opportunity. The goal of this special session is to provide an opportunity to share experiences, insights and observations within our community and beyond.

We seek four types of papers for this special session:
* Completed research papers
* Practice papers
* Opinion papers
* Panel and tutorial proposals

Paper submissions date:  October 22nd, 2021
Author notification date: November 5th, 2021
Author revisions due date: November 19th, 2021
Author registration due date: November 19th, 2021

The Call for papers for the special session can be found here https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=dW1pY2guZWR1fGFpcy1zaWdlZHxneDo2NmRiNGI0NzY1M2IwNDky

Details about the conference can be found here: http://ais-siged.org/

Thanks,
AIS SIGED Conference Committee,
Toon Abcouwer, David Green, Tania Prinsloo & Blooma John

Dr. Blooma John BEng., MSC, Ph.D., FHEA
Assistant Professor, Information Systems
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Canberra ACT 2617
Email: blooma.john at canberra.edu.au<mailto:blooma.john at canberra.edu.au>
https://researchprofiles.canberra.edu.au/en/persons/blooma-john

President, AIS Special Interest Group for Education
Association for Information Systems
http://ais-siged.org/

[UC Logo]<http://www.canberra.edu.au>

[UC has risen to #16 in the THE Young Universities World Rankings.]<https://www.canberra.edu.au/>

[UC Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfCanberra>[UC Twitter]<https://twitter.com/UniCanberra>[UC Instagram]<https://www.instagram.com/unicanberra/>[UC Linkedin]<https://au.linkedin.com/school/university-of-canberra/>[UC Youtube]<https://www.youtube.com/user/uniofcanberra>    [University of Canberra] <http://www.canberra.edu.au>

Australian Government Higher Education Registered Provider (CRICOS) #00212K

The University of Canberra acknowledges the Ngunnawal people, traditional custodians of the lands where Bruce Campus is situated. We wish to acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of Canberra and the region. We also acknowledge all other First Nations Peoples on whose lands we gather.

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or copyright materials and are for the attention of the addressee only. If you have received this email in error please notify us by email reply and delete it from your system. The University of Canberra accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.