[AISWorld] ICIS 2022 Mentoring Program open for applications

Jonas Valbjørn Andersen jova at itu.dk
Mon Oct 18 09:19:27 EDT 2021

To broaden participation at the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), a mentoring program is now available for scholars who are from countries that are less represented at ICIS. Applicants must submit a short application and abstract by November 1, 2021 to be considered for this program. Those selected to participate will be matched with a scholar from the AIS College of Senior Scholars who will offer advice to the applicant as they prepare their research for submission to ICIS 2022.

Who Can Apply
Scholars who:
·          are from High, Medium, and Low HDI countries (please see the list of countries within each HDI category on the AIS website<https://aisnet.org/page/MembRatesTable>).
·          have not published an article within the AIS Senior Scholars’ basket of journals. Additional preference will be given to scholars who have not published a completed research paper or short paper at ICIS.

If the scholar is working with multiple co-authors on a project, all co-authors should meet the above criteria.

Mentoring Program Logistics
·          Scholars must submit their applications by November 1, 2021 for consideration.
·          Applicants will be notified about their acceptance into the program (and if selected, their mentor) by November 15, 2021.
·          Mentors will provide guidance and advice to the scholar(s) during at least two mentoring sessions. The feedback may be verbal or written, and the timing and format of mentoring sessions should be agreed upon by the scholar and mentor.
·          As a potential best practice, scholars should provide an initial draft of their manuscript to the mentor by February 1, 2022 to allow time for guidance and revisions prior to the ICIS 2022 submission deadline.
·          Mentors should not become a co-author on the manuscript.
·          Scholars participating in this program will submit their manuscripts to ICIS 2022 using the same process as all other submissions.
·          If participants’ papers are accepted to ICIS 2022 and constraints limit their ability to present in person, exceptions will be granted to allow papers developed through this program to be presented virtually (regardless of the conference format).

How To Apply
By November 1, 2021, apply for the program using the application form on the conference website (https://icis2022.aisconferences.org/mentoring-program/).

Questions
If you have questions about the mentoring program, please contact Roman Beck, ICIS 2022 Conference Co-Chair at romb at itu.dk<mailto:romb at itu.dk>.

If you have questions about your application, please contact Jonas Valbjørn Andersen, ICIS 2022 Communications Co-Chair at jova at itu.dk<mailto:jova at itu.dk>.

Submit Your Application

Please submit your mentoring program proposal by filling out the application form on the conference website (https://icis2022.aisconferences.org/mentoring-program/). We will then match applicants to mentors and get back to you as soon as possible. Please observe that we cannot guarantee that all applicants are matched with a mentor, but we will do our best to accommodate as many as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application and to welcoming you in Copenhagen for ICIS 2022.

Best regards,

Jonas Valbjørn Andersen
Associate Professor,
Head of Information Systems and Digital Innovation (ISDI) Research Group
ICIS 2022 Communications Co-Chair

M: +45 421  784 75
[signature_237327004]