[AISWorld] ITDS & the Ryan College of Business are growing our Ph.D. programs

Kappelman, Leon Leon.Kappelman at unt.edu
Tue Oct 26 18:31:34 EDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

Could we ask you for a favor in promoting our Ph.D. program?  We are seeking  academically curious students who are interested in creating value in academia, the business world, and human society as a whole. For example, these prospective students might include:

  *   Students you have encountered in your master's or undergraduate classes.
  *   Someone you have encountered in your social or professional circle.

Prospects do not need to have an academic background in business. You may meet strong prospects from backgrounds like Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Mathematics, Engineering, Journalism, and Merchandising, to name a few.

For details about the RCOB Ph.D. program, please see our website (https://cob.unt.edu/phd) or contact any one of us (listed at the end of this email). RCOB's Ph.D. program has eight concentrations - Accounting, Business Computer Information Systems, Business Information Assurance, Finance, Logistics Systems, Marketing, Management, and Management Science. We also offer generous funding support in the form of an Assistantship ($24,000 per year for 4 years) to our students as well as tuition funding.

Thank you for your help in growing our Ph.D. program.

Inez Loche, Ph.D. Program Associate Director, phdcoba at unt.edu<mailto:phdcoba at unt.edu>

Audhesh Paswan, Associate Dean, Graduate Programs, RCOB, Audhesh.Paswan at unt.edu<mailto:Audhesh.Paswan at unt.edu>

Concentration
Coordinator
Email
Accounting
Dr. Govind Iyer & Dr. Lili Sun
Govind.Iyer at unt.edu<mailto:Govind.Iyer at unt.edu> & lili.sun at unt.edu<mailto:lili.sun at unt.edu>
Finance
Dr. Ian Liu
YiIan.Liu at unt.edu<mailto:YiIan.Liu at unt.edu>
Business Computer Information Systems
Dr. Robert Pavur
Robert.pavur at unt.edu<mailto:Robert.pavur at unt.edu>
Management Science
Dr. Robert Pavur
Robert.pavur at unt.edu<mailto:Robert.pavur at unt.edu>
Business Information Assurance
Dr. Robert Pavur
Robert.pavur at unt.edu<mailto:Robert.pavur at unt.edu>
Management
Dr. Rhonda Reger
Rhonda.Reger at unt.edu<mailto:Rhonda.Reger at unt.edu>
Marketing
Dr. Priyali Rajagopal
Priyali.Rajagopal at unt.edu<mailto:Priyali.Rajagopal at unt.edu>
Logistics Systems
Dr. Ila Manuj
Ila.Manuj at unt.edu<mailto:Ila.Manuj at unt.edu>

"Never underestimate the power of ideas. Philosophical concepts nurtured in the stillness of a professor's study could destroy a civilization" - Heinrich Heine
Leon A. Kappelman, Ph.D.
  Professor of Information Systems
  Chair, Information Technology and Decision Sciences Department
    G. Brint Ryan College of Business, University of North Texas
    Voice: 940-565-4698   Email: kapp at unt.edu<mailto:kapp at unt.edu>
  Primary Investigator, SIM's Annual IT Trends Study<http://www.simnet.org/?ITTrendsStudy>
If you would like to help our students during this difficult time, please visit https://one.unt.edu/itds