[AISWorld] ACM GoodIT 2022 - CfP - Digital Technologies to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals

Hund, Axel Axel.Hund at hnu.de
Thu Feb 17 05:11:05 EST 2022

Dear colleagues,

We cordially invite paper submissions for the ACM International Conference on Information Technology for Social Good (GoodIT).

The technological advances over the last decades provide opportunities humanity has never had before. Blockchain use to increase food security, telemedicine to provide health services to remote places or learning independent of time and location via MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) are only few examples. The rise of Artificial Intelligence solutions over the last years affected literally all areas of human life and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

For this special track, we invite papers that discuss the use of innovative technologies for the greater good. Since managing all these technological advances in a sustainable manner represents a very important area of research, we specifically like to highlight the special role of digital technology in making progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), outlined in the United Nations' 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (https://sdgs.un.org/goals). However, we also invite contributions that go beyond the framework outlined in the SDGs. For example, by addressing the often paradoxical tensions that arise when a new approach solves some aspects of the sustainability crisis while adversely affecting others.

The special track welcomes empirical, conceptual and constructive papers that address the use of digital technologies to achieve the sustainable development goals.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

*       The role of digital technology in transforming organizations and society to achieve the SDGs

*       Barriers that hinder the adoption of digital technology in developing countries

*       Digital technology to support innovative endeavors in developing countries

*       Blockchain to enhance food security

*       Artificial intelligence to forecast food consumption

*       Innovative technologies in agriculture in developing countries

*       Robust telemedicine for far remote places

*       Training methods for IT curricula to non-technical entrepreneurs

*       Simple yet robust eLearning devices

Important dates:

Submission deadline for all types of contributions: 23 May, 2022

Notification of acceptance for contributions: 20 June, 2022

Camera-ready submission: 11 July, 2022

Conference: September 07-09 September, 2022 in Limassol (Cyprus)

Website: https://cyprusconferences.org/goodit2022/

We are looking forward to your submission!

Heiko and Axel