[AISWorld] Reminder: Call for Submissions

Deepak Khazanchi khazanchi at unomaha.edu
Mon Feb 21 14:33:04 EST 2022

MIDWEST UNITED STATES ASSOCIATION FOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS (MWAIS)

REMINDER: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
17th MWAIS ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Omaha, NE
May 16-17, 2022

Dear Colleagues:

On behalf of the MWAIS 2022 Conference Committee and the MWAIS Executive Committee, we take great pleasure in inviting you to submit a paper, panel, extended abstract, big idea (lightening talks), or an early doctoral proposal for workshopping in the 2022 MWAIS annual meeting to be held in Omaha, NE. The conference is scheduled to be run F2F with strict vaccination requirements. We would like to urge you to also encourage your students, industry partners, and colleagues to participate in this opportunity to showcase their work to a small, focused group of researchers while enjoying the Omaha hospitality.

MWAIS 2022 Conference @ Omaha
The MWAIS 2022 annual meeting will be hosted by the College of Information Science & Technology (IS&T) at the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO). We will build upon our proven success in hosting multiple large and small conferences in Omaha including AMCIS 2005, ICDM 2007, MWAIS 2009, BIH 2016, and ACM SIGITE 2020. Some 800,000 people live in a metropolitan Omaha area filled with outstanding restaurants, sightseeing, and cultural activities, while retaining a welcoming atmosphere in a safe and friendly environment. This is a city that annually hosts 20,000 visitors to the College World Series and up to 40,000 at Warren Buffet's annual shareholders meeting.

Our conference website is available here: http://ist.unomaha.edu/MWAIS2022. The conference will include research papers, extended abstracts, panel discussions, big idea talks, keynotes, and a doctoral proposal workshop. Proceedings will be published in the AIS elibrary.  Selected papers from the conference will also be fast tracked to a special issue of the Journal of the Midwest Association for Information Systems (http://JMWAIS.org).

For your planning purposes, the tentative dates and deadlines for MWAIS 2022 are as follows:
January 15th, 2022: Submission system opens; Registration link for conference opened