[AISWorld] XP2022 Research workshops: Agile Sustainability and Agility with Microservices Programming

Sonja Hyrynsalmi Sonja.Hyrynsalmi at lut.fi
Sun Mar 6 14:36:12 EST 2022

The 23rd International Conference on Agile Software Development, XP2022, is held in June 13-17, 2022 in Copenhagen - live.
This year we are happy to share, that we have also two interesting research workshops to participate:

Agile Sustainability: https://www.agilealliance.org/xp2022/call-for-submissions/agile-sustainability/

Agility with Microservices Programming: https://www.agilealliance.org/xp2022/call-for-submissions/agility-with-microservices-programming/

The call for submissions is open. Read more from the track pages and contact track chairs if there is anything in your mind.

About XP 2022 - Theme of the year: Agile in the Era of Hybrid Work

Main Conference: Tuesday, June 14th - Thursday, June 16th
Workshop days: Monday, June 13th & Friday, June 17th
Several Research & Practice workshops

XP is the premier Agile software development conference to combine both research and practice. It is a unique forum where Agile researchers, practitioners, thought leaders, coaches, and trainers get together to present and discuss their most recent innovations and research results.

Although the XP conference originally focused solely on eXtreme Programming, it has since widened its area of concern. XP 2022 solicits contributions that address all modern Agile approaches, as well as the application of Agile to applications including, but not limited to, FinTech, AI/ML, IoT, and other mission-critical systems with global reach. Whether you are new to Agile or a seasoned Agile practitioner, XP 2022 will provide an informal environment to learn and trigger discussions.

The theme of XP 2022 - Agile in the Era of Hybrid Work
Agile methods originally favored small, co-located teams, emphasizing face-to-face interactions. While Agile methods have since been successfully scaled up to large and distributed projects, we are now facing new challenges in the Era of Hybrid Work. The Covid-19 pandemic has served as a catalyst for this trend. Hybrid work brings new challenges: not quite distributed and not quite co-located, but rather individual developers working from anywhere and touching base with the office intermittently. Thus, the theme for XP 2022 is "Agile in the Era of Hybrid Work."

In-person event in Copenhagen
The XP 2022 conference will be organized in the IT University of Copenhagen (ITU), which is Denmark's leading university focusing on IT research and education. ITU is located in the center of Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark, and is within short reach of the Copenhagen International Airport.

We are planning to organize XP 2022 entirely as a physical event in Copenhagen. As the previous two editions of the XP conference were virtual, we expect that a physical event will generate benefits by bringing people together. If the circumstances change due to Covid-19 developments, the event may become a hybrid or a virtual one.

Read more: https://www.agilealliance.org/xp2022/

Sonja Hyrynsalmi
Junior Researcher | Software Engineering
LUT University, Lahti, Finland
+358 44 2916966

Google Scholar<https://scholar.google.fi/citations?user=L55_5eoAAAAJ> | Sonja M. Hyrynsalmi<https://www.linkedin.com/in/sonjahyrynsalmi/> | SASSE-project<https://sasseproject.net/>