[AISWorld] Vacancy - Lecturer in Information Systems, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand

Mary Tate mary.tate at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Mar 23 18:08:36 EDT 2022

Lecturer in Information Systems (3645) Pipitea, Wellington Central, New Zealand

·       Do you have a PhD in Information Systems?
·       Are you an enthusiastic teacher?
·       Are you an active researcher with a track record of high quality work?

Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.

Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.

Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Lecturer in Information Systems to join the School of Information Management. The role will involve teaching courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, as well as developing an independent research agenda and supervising research students. The successful applicant is also expected to assist with the development of programme curriculum and to take on appropriate service roles in contribution to the effective administration and management of the School.

Ō pūmanawa - About you
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic teacher and researcher, with experience and publications commensurate with the level of Lecturer. You will be passionate about learning, teaching and interacting with a diverse range of students and appreciate the importance of Ako (reciprocal learning and teaching), in a tertiary environment. The ability and experience to teach a range of different courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels is also highly desirable. You will possess a growth mind-set, a willingness to actively engage in appropriate service roles, good communication and interpersonal skills, and an enthusiasm for contribution to the vision and ongoing development of the School, its activities, and programmes.

Applicants should hold a completed PhD in Information Systems or a related area. However, we also welcome applications from candidates who are close to completion of their doctoral studies.

Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
This is an opportunity to join a forward-looking School that engages in creative teaching and innovative research, as part of a dynamic discipline and vibrant community. Our students are highly attractive to both local and international employers.

Te Herenga Waka is committed to equity and diversity, the development of an inclusive environment, balanced gender representation, and increased participation by Māori and other under-represented groups.

Wellington offers a lively cultural and arts scene, a variety of restaurants, and opportunities for a wide range of outdoor activities. The city is centrally located in New Zealand and the magnificent scenic and outdoor recreation attractions of the rest of the country are within easy access. We also offer you flexible working arrangements, learning and development programmes, and an inspiring workplace due to the breadth and range of resources that our University and the School of Information Management provides.

From 31 January 2022, a COVID-19 vaccine mandate will apply to all University staff, students, contractors and visitors. For more information see: https://www.wgtn.ac.nz/covid-19/vaccine-mandate.<https://www.wgtn.ac.nz/covid-19/vaccine-mandate>

Role description<https://vuw.sharepoint.com/:b:/s/VacancyRoleDescriptions/EVlHtRbIQeNPrSMuCZPcYYsBUGMuu0ZaHum5iBK_P_aCtw?e=vwutCc&download=1>
Close Date for Vacancy:  20 April 2022

Please note: Candidates must be able to start by 27 June 2022, or as close as practically possible.
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Professor Michael Winikoff, Head of School (michael.winikoff at vuw.ac.nz<mailto:michael.winikoff at vuw.ac.nz>, 04 463-7436). But applicants should follow all steps listed below.

Important - Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand:https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form<https://vuw.sharepoint.com/:w:/s/VacancyRoleDescriptions/EQZv38CWFeNHj-2N9SCeA7ABEY46K0d0A6PCt1Tm2Cbp9Q?e=DdWuIf&download=1&isSPOFile=1>.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to erecruit at vuw.ac.nz<mailto:erecruit at vuw.ac.nz> stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.

https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZHNvbWVydmlsbGUuMjc5ODcuMTAxM0B2dXduei5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20