[AISWorld] HICSS 56 CFP on open science practices in information systems research

Cathal Doyle cathal.doyle at vuw.ac.nz
Sun Apr 3 13:10:18 EDT 2022

Kia ora (Hello)

We’re delighted to announce we’re running a minitrack at HICSS 56 on open science practices in information systems research. The objective of this minitrack is to give researchers the opportunity to present novel and innovative ways that they are conducting research using open science. In doing so, we aim to push the boundary of how IS research is conducted and communicated to the community. We are looking for both conceptual and empirical papers that either further our understanding of open science in IS research or studies that practice it. Thus, we invite papers that focus on (but is not limited to) any of the following topics around open science in IS research:

  *   Philosophical considerations
  *   Ethical implications
  *   Methodological considerations
  *   Policies of open science
  *   Papers that practice one (or more) concepts of open science in their study
  *   Registered reports in IS research (can be either stage 1 or stage 2)
  *   Understanding of different platforms/tools/technologies for practicing open science
  *   Success/Failure cases that have arisen while practicing open science
  *   How we can improve or innovate open science practices
  *   Benefits of practicing open science
  *   Challenges and/or problems with practicing open science

You can read more on the HICSS website: https://hicss.hawaii.edu/tracks-56/collaboration-systems-and-technologies/#open-science-practices-in-information-systems-research-minitrack

If you’re interested, please submit a paper for review. If not, could you please forward this message to your networks or to other colleagues you think might be interested.

Further, here are links to two papers that provide a good introduction to open science: “We need the open artefact: Design Science as a pathway to Open Science in Information Systems research” (https://doi.org/10.31219/osf.io/ye6xp) and “This paper is an artefact: On open science practices in design science research using registered reports” (https://doi.org/10.31219/osf.io/d8hej). And here is a paper practicing open science that was accepted for JAIS: “New Guidelines for Null Hypothesis Significance Testing in Hypothetico-Deductive IS Research” (https://doi.org/10.31235/osf.io/5qr7v).

Ngā mihi (Kind regards)
Cathal

Cathal Doyle, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer