[AISWorld] Extended Submission Deadline for Trust in AI Workshop in Portugal

Fatemeh Alizadeh fatemeh.alizadeh at uni-siegen.de
Fri Apr 22 04:24:24 EDT 2022

Dear colleagues and friends,

We have extended the deadline for submissions to our ECSCW workshop "Building Appropriate Trust in Human-AI interaction” in Coimbra, Portugal to May 4.

We are also planning a very interesting panel discussion on the boundaries and differences between the notions of trust, transparency, explainability, accountability and responsibility in AI interactions with wonderful panelists.

Looking forward to your contributions,
Mahla

+ Workshop website: https://websites.fraunhofer.de/trust-in-human-ai-interaction/ <https://websites.fraunhofer.de/trust-in-human-ai-interaction/>
+ Conference website: https://ecscw.eusset.eu/2022/ <https://ecscw.eusset.eu/2022/>

DESCRIPTION
-------------------
AI (artificial intelligence) systems are increasingly being used in all aspects of our lives, from mundane routines to sensitive decision-making and even creative tasks. Therefore, an appropriate level of trust is required so that users know when to rely on the system and when to override it. While research has extensively addressed fostering trust in human-AI interactions, the lack of standardized procedures for human-AI trust hinders interpretation of results and cross-study comparisons. As a result, the fundamental understanding of human-AI trust remains fragmented.

This workshop invites researchers to revisit existing approaches and work toward a standardized framework for studying AI trust to answer the open questions:
What does trust mean between humans and AI in different contexts?
How can we create and convey the calibrated level of trust in interactions with AI?
How can we develop a standardized framework to address new challenges?

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
----------------------
We invite anyone interested in participating to submit a paper of up to 4 pages (without references). Papers should critically address the authors' field or research experiences in establishing trust in AI interactions. The authors' prior experiences need not relate specifically to these challenges, but position papers are expected to demonstrate how their experiences are relevant to the workshop topic and can be applied in the context of the workshop.

Submissions should be sent in .pdf format to fatemeh.alizadeh at uni-siegen.de <mailto:fatemeh.alizadeh at uni-siegen.de>. Position papers will be reviewed based on their relevance and potential to contribute to the workshop. At least one co-author of each accepted paper must register for the ECSCW 2022 conference in order to attend the workshop.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------------------
+ May 4: Submission Deadline.
+ May 6: Notification of acceptance.
+ June 27: Workshop at ECSCW 2022.

Fatemeh Alizadeh l PhD Researcher
Research Group Human-Computer Interaction
Faculty of Information Systems and New Media
University of Siegen
Kohlbettstrasse 15
57072 Siegen
https://www.wineme.uni-siegen.de/team/alizadeh/ <https://www.wineme.uni-siegen.de/team/alizadeh/>