[AISWorld] Call for Papers (ICDF2C '22)

Paulo Roberto Nunes de Souza paulonunes.ufes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 15:56:13 EDT 2022

Hi, everyone.

I've done some adjustments on some typos.

*Call for Papers*

*13th International Conference On Digital Forensics and Cyber Crime*

16-18 November, 2022

Boston, USA

*Submission Link:* https://icdf2c.eai-conferences.org/2022/call-for-papers/

*Submission Deadline:* July 1, 2022

*Scope*

The International Conference on Digital Forensics and Cyber Crime will be
held from 16 to 18 of November, 2022, in Boston, USA. This three-day event
is expected to attract well over 200 participants, including academics,
practitioners, criminologists (or law enforcement) and vendors, providing
business and intellectual engagement opportunities among attendees. The
conference is organized by the European Alliance for Innovation. Like last
year, the focus of this year’s conference is on various applications of
digital evidence and forensics beyond ìtraditionalî cybercrime
investigations and litigation. Topics may include new challenges posed by
emerging technologies, including Metaverse, critical infrastructure,
quantum computing, 5G, edge computing, robotics, AI-controlled systems,
cryptocurrencies, darknet investigations, hardware forensics, and AI-based
systems to process unstructured information such as CCTV, social media, IoT
data. This year metaverse, critical infrastructure and robotics are being
added as current topics. Potential workshops may include password cracking
for forensics, forensic education, forensic applications of AI (e.g., AI
for network detection), responding to an incident from a police or
corporate interaction perspective, including what to expect when you
involve law enforcement.

*Topics*

The works that will be presented at conference will focus on (but not
limited to) the following topics:

*Digital and Multimedia Evidence and Forensics*

Novel Digital Forensic Techniques and Tools; Multimedia Forensics
(including but not limited to Image-,  Audio-, and Video Analysis,
Biometrics, Linguistic Analysis of Texts); Chip-off Forensics; Mobile &
Network Forensics; ICS/SCADA Forensics; Live Data Forensics; Forensic Lab
Management and Accreditation

*Legal Applications*

Crime and Investigations in Metaverse; Ethics and Responsibilities of
Unmanned Systems; E-Discovery; Investigations of Cybercrime, Terrorism,
Computer-Related Fraud, Computer-Related Forgery, Content-Related offences
(Child abuse materials, Promotion of extremism), Copyright Infringement;
Other Legal Aspects of Digital Evidence Procedure and Applications

*Applications in Technological Security*

Cloud Computing Security; Web Application Security; Database Security;
Intrusion Detection/Prevention; Network Security; Mobile Device Security;
Smart Grid Security; Self-Organized Resilient Systems; Critical
Infrastructure Security; ICS/SCADA Security; Security of Internet of
Things; Quantum Computing Security; Digital Currency Security; and Security
of Wearable Devices; Digital Rights Management

*Applications / Issues in National and International Security Issues, Human
Rights*

Trans-National Cybercrime Investigations and Mutual Legal Assistance;
Internet-based Espionage & Advanced Persistent Threats; State-Sponsored
Cyber Warfare & Terrorism; International Cyber Conflicts; Government
Surveillance; Censorship and Control of the Internet; Critical
Infrastructure Security;  International Cyber Laws and Confidence Building
Measures

*Applications in Organizational Security and Incident Response*

Incident Response and Incident Response in Cloud; Disaster Recovery;
Insider Threat Management; Risk Management; Business Continuity; Security
Policies; Security Auditing; Regulatory Compliance; Economics of Security;
Behavioral Information Security

*Security and Forensics Education*

Accreditation of Security and Forensics Training; Innovative Pedagogical
Techniques; Certifications; Hands-on Security Laboratories and Tabletop
Exercises; Education Infrastructure; Diversity in Security/Forensics
Education; and Online Security/Forensics Education

*Publication*

All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made
available through SpringerLink Digital Library and the ICDF2C proceedings
will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including Ei
Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as
well as EAIís own EU Digital Library (EUDL). All accepted authors will be
eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track:

   1. Organizational Cybersecurity Journal – confirmed
   2. EAI Transactions
   3. IEEE Security and Privacy Magazine (to be confirmed)
   4. Information Systems Frontiers (to be confirmed)

*Submission *

Regular Papers: 12 - 15+ pages. Typically, 5,000 words long (excluding
abstract and references)

Short papers: 6 - 11 pages. Typically, 2,500 words (excluding abstract and