[AISWorld] AIS CAL Sponsored PACIS 2022 Virtual Panel - Challenges for Academic Leadership

Jim Denford Jim.Denford at rmc.ca
Thu Jul 7 15:12:50 EDT 2022

The AIS College of Academic Leadership (CAL) is sponsoring a virtual panel at PACIS 2022 on "Challenges for Academic Leadership".

Panel Time:
Taipei time - Saturday 9 July, 7-8 am; Eastern US and Canada - Friday 8 July, 7-8 pm

Panel Moderator:
Dr. Jim Denford, Royal Military College of Canada

Panel Members:
Dr. Lemuria Carter, University of New South Wales
Dr. Rick Watson, University of Georgia
Dr. Janet Toland, Victoria University of Wellington
Dr. Gloria Phillips-Wren, Loyola University
Dr. Rich Klein, University of Nebraska at Omaha

The experienced panel of current and past senior academic administrators would provide a diverse cross-section of thoughts on the following two challenges:

1.      Strategic Enrollment Management: What are programs doing that work? What doesn't work? We can no longer wait for students to flock to us. We have to recruit now. How do we do this with limited resources and the current global climate?
2.      Working with Other Disciplines: This mostly involves working with engineering, computer science, or other disciplines to create joint programs. It could be along the lines of "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer". The building of programs across disciplines can be fraught with potholes. What are the challenges, issues, and wins that can be gained from working through this?

We look forward to your participation and questions in this panel.

James S. (Jim) Denford, CD, PhD (he/il)
Professor and Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities | Professeur titulaire et Doyen, Faculté des sciences humaines et sociales
Royal Military College of Canada | Collège militaire royal du Canada
Kingston, ON, K7K 7B4
e-mail | courriel: jim.denford at rmc.ca<mailto:jim.denford at rmc.ca>
office | bureau: Massey 202
(613) 541-6000 ext | poste 6970