[AISWorld] * MISQ Knowledge-Sharing on Qualitative Research: Sept 8/9

Andrew Burton-Jones abj at business.uq.edu.au
Tue Aug 16 02:44:24 EDT 2022

** MISQ Knowledge-Sharing Seminar on Qualitative IS Research – Sept 8/9 2022
Apply here (applications close August 27, 2022): https://umn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6FjC2s9bIx7inDo
Would you like to know what issues MISQ editors are considering when they handle manuscripts that use qualitative research methods?  If so, come along to our knowledge-sharing seminar.

Our fourth knowledge-sharing session for 2022 – on qualitative methods, on Sept 8/9 – will follow in the footsteps of our last three sessions - on machine learning, causality, and computationally-intensive theory construction.  We will continue covering other genres in future sessions.

We are focusing this session on qualitative methods because we are concerned that some authors and reviewers are focusing too intently on scripts and templates for qualitative research.  By doing so, we believe that they risk losing both the spirit of qualitative inquiry and the specifics of digital phenomena.  We want to open-up about these risks and provide ideas that can help authors and reviewers to produce and support the best qualitative IS research possible.

Come along to learn from our editors, Eric Monteiro, Susan Scott, Panos Constantinides, and Maha Shaikh.

Moderated by Professor Andrew Burton-Jones, Editor-in-Chief of MIS Quarterly, come along, listen to our editors, and take the opportunity to ask questions.

SESSION DETAILS –

Time 1: Chosen for Europe, Africa, Asia, and parts of the Americas

  *   US East Coast (e.g., Boston): Friday, September 9, 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM
  *   Central European (e.g., Oslo): Friday, September 9, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
  *   Beijing: Friday, September 9, 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
  *   Brisbane: Friday, September 9, 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM

Time 2: Chosen for the Americas

  *   US East Coast (e.g., Boston): Thursday, September 8, 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
  *   US West Coast (e.g., San Francisco): Thursday, September 8, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
  *   Central European (e.g., Oslo): Thursday, September 8, 10:00 PM to 12:00 AM
  *   Brisbane: Friday, September 9, 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM

Apply now (applications close August 27, 2022): https://umn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6FjC2s9bIx7inDo

Andrew Burton-Jones
Professor of Business Information Systems
UQ Business School
The University of Queensland
Editor-in-Chief, MIS Quarterly