[AISWorld] CFP: Deadline Sept 2nd - The 15th Global Sourcing Workshop, 10th December 2022, Copenhagen, Denmark

Ilan Oshri ilan.oshri at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Aug 30 21:44:28 EDT 2022

The Global Sourcing Workshop is back. We are pleased to release this Call for Papers for the 15th Global Sourcing Workshop which will be held December 10, 2022 at The IT University of Copenhagen (ITU), Copenhagen, Denmark. We have chosen this location and date to make it easier for colleagues attending ICIS 2022 to attend the 2022GSW. We booked only 1 day for the workshop as a pre-ICIS event but can extend the workshop to 2 days if needed.

The workshop will aim to explore how new and emerging forms of (out-)sourcing and offshoring, challenge sourcing practices and theories, and consequently identify new directions for research and practice. This workshop aims to bring together viewpoints from various disciplines, including IB, Strategy, OM, OB and IS on global sourcing of IT, Business Services and Innovation. We also focus on teaching aspects related to outsourcing and offshoring with fast track for publishing high quality teaching cases in Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases.

Paper Track

We invite research articles, work in progress and ?focus on practice? papers that investigate topics relating to global (out-)sourcing and offshoring. In particular, the workshop will endeavor to present the views from client, supplier and advisory viewpoints, from strategic, operational and social perspectives. Some of the specific themes that are of interest in this workshop are:

- Sourcing decision making
- Sourcing configurations (multi-sourcing etc.)
- Supplier and client capabilities and competences
- Contractual and relational governance
- Sourcing eco-systems
- Impact sourcing
- Cloud services
- Crowdsourcing
- New and emerging sourcing models including robotic process automation, machine learning, artificial intelligence
- Captive (in-house) and shared service centres
- Backsourcing/re-shoring
- Knowledge-intensive services and innovation in outsourcing/offshoring
- Cultural and social aspects of sourcing practice
- Sustainability and the impact on sourcing
- Emerging topics and concepts in sourcing not covered above

We are interested in papers that are both conceptual and empirically-based.

Teaching Cases Track

We are interested in teaching cases on outsourcing and offshoring which we would consider for publication in Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases (JITTC).
Since 2010 we have been publishing selected papers as book chapters in Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (by Springer). It is likely that we will publish another book based on the papers from this Workshop. Furthermore, selected papers will be invited to submit a revised version of their paper to be considered for publication in Journal of Information Technology and high quality teaching cases in JITTC.

Important Dates:

September 2nd 2022 - Deadline to submit full paper/teaching case (please note that we welcome early submission of abstracts and will aim to send the decision within 1 week).
September 9th 2022 - Notification of accepted papers
September 30th 2022 - Registration deadline
November 15th 2022 ? Reviews sent to authors
December 10, 2022 ? Global Sourcing Workshop, Copenhagen, Denmark

Paper and Teaching Case Submissions: full paper and teaching case should be no less than 10 pages (word document, 1.5 space, 12 font size) and should include contact details of all authors.

All submissions should be sent in MS Word format to: theglobalsourcingworkshop at gmail.com<mailto:theglobalsourcingworkshop at gmail.com><mailto:theglobalsourcingworkshop at gmail.com><mailto:theglobalsourcingworkshop at gmail.com> with ?Submission GSW 2022' as the subject of the e-mail.

The Workshop Venue:

Information about the location of IT University Copenhagen can be found here:

https://en.itu.dk<https://en.itu.dk><https://en.itu.dk<https://en.itu.dk>>

Registration fees:
Authors of accepted articles will receive a request to pay a registration fee of 65 Euro. There will be coffee and refreshments throughout the day and a lunch included in the registration fee.

Workshop Organizers:
Julia Kotlarsky Ilan Oshri and Leslie Willcocks