[AISWorld] Lecturer, Information Systems, Questrom School of Business

Nachiketa Sahoo nsahoo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 08:00:00 EST 2022

Job Description

The Questrom School of Business at Boston University seeks to hire a
lecturer  trained in Information Systems, Data Analytics, Business
Analytics, Data Science, and/or related disciplines. The anticipated start
date for this position is flexible with Jan 1, 2023 or July 1, 2023 as
possibilities.

We seek outstanding candidates who would be comfortable in, stimulated by,
and engaged with both the graduate and undergraduate student populations as
well as corporate partners. Candidates with relevant experience in industry
are encouraged to apply; at least 2 years of industry experience is
desired.

Faculty will be expected to teach graduate courses in the MS in Business
Analytics and the MBA program. The former is a technical Master's program
offering rigorous hands-on training in solving data problems in business
context. Faculty may also be asked to guide students in capstone projects
focusing on data oriented problems in partnership with corporate partners.

The Questrom School of Business is building a strong group of faculty with
expertise in all aspects of data analytics. Key hires in this area in
recent years represent a strategic focus for the school. Our world-class
faculty
<https://www.bu.edu/questrom/faculty-research/academic-departments/information-systems/our-faculty-phds/>
conduct interdisciplinary research at the intersection of Information
Systems, Economics, and Machine Learning. Our faculty include global
experts in the areas of fintech, digital healthcare, online reputation
systems, platform economics, and social media, among others. Questrom is
regularly ranked among the top global institutions
<https://jsom.utdallas.edu/the-utd-top-100-business-school-research-rankings/worldRankings#20172021>
for research output, and eleven Questrom faculty (five in IS) have recently
been named among the top 2% of all scientists
<https://www.bu.edu/questrom/2022/06/21/96298/> globally for citation
impact. The strengths of the Questrom School in analytics along with its
diverse and outstanding student body has led to the MSBA program being
ranked in the top-10 in the USA. Thus this position presents an exciting
opportunity to teach advanced analytics in a business context.

Required Skills:

   -

   Candidates with an MS in information systems, operations research,
   computer science, engineering, applied math or statistics are encouraged to
   apply, although a PhD in these fields is desirable. Considerable technical
   industry experience will be considered in lieu of a doctorate credential.
   -

   Candidates should have strong communication skills. At the minimum,
   candidates should be able to demonstrate experience in teaching and
   excellent presentation skills. Prior experience in teaching courses at the
   undergraduate or graduate level is highly desirable.
   -

   Experience in applied machine learning techniques and ability to work
   with large datasets leveraging latest technologies are required. Ability to
   teach them in a hands-on manner to students (including novices) using
   Python and other appropriate technologies with the help of applied,
   industry examples is essential.

The Questrom School of Business believes that the cultural and social
diversity of our faculty, staff, and students is vitally important to the
distinction and excellence of our research and academic programs. To that
end, we are especially eager to have colleagues join our ranks who support
our institutional commitment to ensuring BU is inclusive, equitable,
diverse, and a place where all constituents can thrive. The Questrom School
of Business seeks to continue diversifying our faculty, student and staff
ranks, recognizing that diversity of experience and thought deepens the
intellectual endeavor.

The Questrom School of Business offers generous research and teaching
support. The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.

DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.

Interested parties should apply via
https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/23551

In your application, please include (1) cover letter (2) CV (3) programming
sample or reference to one on e.g. github (4) teaching evaluations or
equivalent content demonstrating teaching ability (5) 2-3 references.

Please contact our department administrators with any questions regarding
the position or application process through email at
qstacademicsupport at bu.edu.

Application Deadline: We will evaluate applications on a rolling basis and
accept them until the position is filled.

Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance
with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement
<https://www.bu.edu/hr/hr-covid-19-resources/vaccine-required-for-faculty-and-staff/>
within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation
or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions
<https://www.bu.edu/hr/hr-covid-19-resources/upload-your-covid-vaccination-documentation/>).
For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please
visit the COVID-19 Resources <https://www.bu.edu/buohc/covid-19/> site.

We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service,
pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental,
or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.

Job Location

Boston, United States

Position Type

Full-Time/Regular