[AISWorld] ICIS 2022 Pre-Announcement of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Information Systems Position at Faculty of IT, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland – Contact us for interviews!

Salo, Markus markus.t.salo at jyu.fi
Wed Dec 7 14:42:48 EST 2022

The Faculty of Information Technology<https://www.jyu.fi/it/en>, University of Jyvaskyla (Finland), plans to open the position of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor (Tenure Track) of Information Systems in early 2023.
Tasks and qualifications
The faculty has a long tradition in Information Systems (IS) research, especially in IT use, information security management, value creation dynamics, information systems development, technostress, and software business research. The IS faculty members have published many articles in the leading IS journals (e.g., MIS Quarterly). University of Jyvaskyla is among the top IS schools in Europe, according to AIS rankings. Three IS faculty members are listed in so called Stanford University's lists of top 1% most highly cited researchers in the world. Some of our faculty members are also listed on the h-index for MIS scholars (March 2022).
All areas of IS will be considered. The position will strengthen the faculty's research profile especially in digital technologies, innovations and services, and the use and impact of these in organizational and/or consumer contexts, but strong candidates for other areas, such as cyber security and information systems development, will also be taken into account. You have the profile that we are looking for if you carry out high-quality research in IS. For the tenure track levels, we will expect your research results to become visible on the most prestigious publication channels of the field (Assistant Professor) or that you have already been successful in establishing yourself in your area of research (Associate Professor).
Standard teaching load is attractive: two courses per academic year. We expect you to apply external funding, and we offer the necessary administrative and strategic support for it. In this position, the professor is expected to have excellent skills in the English language. The duties, qualification requirements, and language skills of a professor are stipulated by the University of Jyvaskyla Regulations and language skills guidelines<https://www.jyu.fi/en/workwithus/academic-career/qualifications>. According to Finnish law, a non-native faculty member can be granted an exemption from the requirement of Finnish language proficiency.
What does University of Jyvaskyla and Finland offer?
A competent and prosperous scientific community. We offer a wide range of staff benefits, such as occupational health care, flexible working hours, excellent sports facilities on campus, and several restaurants and cafés on campus with staff discounts. Finland provides one of the most advanced and comprehensive social security in the world. It includes, for example, sickness benefits, various family benefits, and a comprehensive healthcare system. Please read more about working at the University of Jyvaskyla, the City of Jyvaskyla, and living in Finland in our International Staff Guide<https://www.jyu.fi/en/workwithus/international-staff-guide>.
Please contact Professor Mikko Siponen or Associate Professor Markus Salo at ICIS 2022, or contact markus.t.salo at jyu.fi<mailto:markus.t.salo at jyu.fi> to schedule an informal interview/discussion at ICIS 2022.
Get to know the University of Jyvaskyla and the Faculty of Information Technology
At the University of Jyvaskyla, everyone can find their place in the human-centered environment of 2,500 experts and 14,500 students. Our goal is to create wisdom and well-being for us all. It is essential that each member of the community thrives and has opportunities to develop and grow. We cherish openness of thinking as well as the balance between research and education. Our naturally beautiful campus is located at the heart of the city of Jyvaskyla. JYU is the third largest employer in Central Finland. You can explore the beautiful campus areas of the university by watching this video: Kampuselamaa Jyvaskyla yliopistossa - University campus life at JYU - YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzOFSsGI2WY>.
The Faculty of Information Technology at the University of Jyvaskyla is the first and largest in its field in Finland. The mission of the faculty is to create a science-based digital future. In research, education, and stakeholder collaboration, the faculty comprehensively combines the viewpoints of technology, information, organizations, business, and people. Strong collaboration with businesses and other parts of society is based on sustained research. The research in the faculty is organized into four divisions, which are Computational Science, Software and Communications Engineering, Information Systems, and Learning and Cognitive Sciences. The faculty includes traditional education programs in the fields of natural science and economic science. In August 2021, a new program in the field of technology was launched. Multi-disciplinarity materializes already within the faculty, and in addition, the surrounding multidisciplinary university offers fruitful grounds for new research initiatives and other collaboration. The faculty is in the naturally beautiful campus of Mattilanniemi by the lake Jyvasjarvi. Further information about the faculty can be found on our website.<https://www.jyu.fi/it/en> Please see especially our research activity and curricula.