[AISWorld] Keynotes and Other Information - The 21st Annual Pre-ICIS Workshop on HCI Research in MIS 2022

Eric Lim e.t.lim at unsw.edu.au
Fri Dec 9 01:02:23 EST 2022

Dear all,

The SIGHCI Board is excited to also share with you information about this year’s Keynotes at the 21st annual pre-ICIS Workshop on HCI Research in MIS.

Academic Speaker: Izak Benbasat, Sauder Distinguished Professor of Information Systems Emeritus at the Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia (UBC)

Title: HCI Research (in Management Information Systems): Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

Abstract: My talk, which is intended mainly for an audience of HCI researchers in Information Systems (IS), will be built around 10 conjectures which describe my personal of opinions about the current state of HCI research. I will demonstrate that the origins of current research are based in many instances on studies conducted several decades ago, point out how the aims IS HCI research might differ than those of, HCI research in general, and suggest, rather than predict, which avenues IS HCI research could take for the purpose of encouraging debate among IS HCI researchers about the directions our community should focus on in the future.

Industrial Speaker: Elizabeth Churchill, Senior Director of UX at Google for UX for Fuchsia, A Next Generation Operating System

Title: From Usability to Device and Sociotechnical System Ecologies: Reflecting on HCI’s bro Keynotes and Other Information - The 21st Annual Pre-ICIS Workshop on HCI Research in MIS 2022adened Remit

Abstract: In this talk, I will share some reflections on recent areas of HCI that are gaining momentum - HCAI (human centered Artificial Intelligence), Human Building Interaction, and Platform Urbanism are some examples I will touch on, and I will reflect on points of possible synergy between IS and HCI.

Attending the keynote presentations is free, so please help spread the word with your colleagues and friends by inviting them to either:

  *   Attend remotely; Register for the Zoom-based session on https://bit.ly/22sighcikeynotes
  *   Attend in person; ICIS participants not registered for the Workshop are welcome to attend on a first-come, first-served basis subject to the room’s capacity.
Workshop information:
This year’s Workshop on December 11 will be hybrid (program available on https://sighci.org/uploads/2022_sighci_workshop/SIGHCI_2022_Workshop_Schedule.pdf). For those of you attending ICIS in-person, we are at Conference Room B4, M7-8. For those attending virtually, you should have already received information on how to attend via Zoom.

Beverages and food (including lunch) will be provided for our participants, and a complimentary social dinner will take place on Saturday, December 10. Detailed information about the social dinner has already been sent out to all registrants. Any questions, please reach out to Constantinos who will be hosting the social dinner!

You may register until Friday, December 9, either through the ICIS registration page or the Ancillary-only Events page available on:
https://aisnet.org/event/icis2022ancillary

We look forward to seeing you on December 11!

Cordially,
Constantinos Coursaris and Eric Lim
2022 SIGHCI Workshop Co-Chairs

Dr. Eric T.K. Lim 林芷光
School of Information Systems and Technology Management
Director of UNSW Crypto Clinic<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/crypto-clinic-general-consultation-on-how-to-get-started-on-crypto-tickets-192144829357>, Blockchain, and Fintech - UNOVA<https://www.unova.unsw.edu.au/>
President - Special Interest Group in Human-Computer Interaction (SIGHCI<https://sighci.org/>) in Association for Information Systems (AIS)

Level 2, West Wing | Quadrangle Building 2084
UNSW Business School | UNSW Sydney
NSW 2052 Australia
MS Teams: +61 (02) 9065 1670
E: e.t.lim at unsw.edu.au<mailto:e.t.lim at unsw.edu.au>
W: www.unsw.edu.au<http://www.unsw.edu.au/>

Web UNSW: https://www.business.unsw.edu.au/our-people/eric-t-k-lim
Web UNSW Research: https://research.unsw.edu.au/people/dr-eric-tze-kuan-lim
Honorary Associate Professor in Information Systems: The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC)<https://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/Business/People/Profile.aspx?id=6897a27c-92c4-44de-b8d3-1a9fdfb789ca&language=en-GB>
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lyymerik
LinkedIn: https://au.linkedin.com/in/erictklim

Research Interests:
FinTech, Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, and Digital Innovations