[AISWorld] CFP Intelligent Systems in the Workplace: Design, Applications, and User Experience

Burak Öz burak.oz at hec.ca
Fri Jan 6 13:25:19 EST 2023

Call for Chapters & Webinar Invitation

Book: "Intelligent Systems in the Workplace: Design, Applications, and User Experience"
Edited by: Dr. Constantinos K. Coursaris, Dr. Pierre-Majorique Léger, and Dr. Joerg Beringer
Published by: Springer

The book will consist of theoretical and applied viewpoints on users' interactions with human-centered AI in organizational contexts of use, including case studies from multiple industries, and perspectives on the successful design of user experiences and the deployment of AI in the workplace. Further information on the call for papers can be found on our research chair's website: Call for Book Chapters - Research Chair in User Experience (hec.ca)<https://chaire_ux.hec.ca/en/call-for-book-chapters/>
A one-hour webinar (30-min info + 30 min Q&A) will be hosted on January 20, 2023, 10am EST, to discuss the background, motivation, and objectives of the book. Moreover, we will explain the book's organization and the best possible submission types for each section. Finally, we will respond to the questions from the prospective authors.
When: Friday, January 20, 2023 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Where: On Zoom, https://hecmontreal.zoom.us/j/81751630427
Topics of Interest

We seek book chapters with original contributions including conceptual and/or empirical research, case studies, and applied perspectives that inform the design, development, deployment, and use of Intelligent Systems in the Workplace. Topics of interest include but are not limited to those listed below:

1. Design of socially-embedded intelligent agents at workplaces
Stakeholder Requirements
User Control & Empowerment
AI Engagement Models and Meta Decisions
Mental Models and Identity of Intelligent Agents
Responsible AI
Privacy & Security
Governance

2. Applications of IA in Business
Strategic Role of Intelligent Systems
Business Requirements
Enabling Technologies
Use Contexts
Implementation and Life Cycle Management

3. User Experience & Ergonomics
Distributed Cognition & Situational Awareness
Automation and Autonomy
Decision-Making & Performance

4. Case Studies
Aeronautics
Automotive
Banking & Financial Services
Mobility/transportation
Healthcare
Insurance
Retail
Supply Chain
Demand Prediction

Interested authors should submit their book chapter proposal(s) by the corresponding deadline below, describing the objective, scope and structure of the proposed chapter, as an MS Word file, using Times New Roman 11-pt, and 1-inch margins all-around. Feedback on proposed chapters will be provided by this book's Editors. The submission of chapter proposals should be done via the EasyChair platform: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=isitw2023

Subsequent (book chapter) manuscript submissions will undergo a formal double-blind review process to ensure originality, relevance, quality, and impact. Manuscripts should not have been published elsewhere and should range between 3,000 and 5,000 words in length, should be submitted as MS Word documents with Times New Roman 11-pt., and 1-inch margins all-around.
Important dates:
- February 15: Submission of complete manuscript (i.e., book chapter)
- March 15: Notification of peer-review decision and feedback
- April 15: Submission of updated, camera-ready manuscript
- Fall 2023 (est.): Publication of book

If you have any questions regarding this Call for Chapters, please feel free to contact any one of the three editors.

Sincerely,

Constantinos K. Coursaris, HEC Montréal, Canada, constantinos.coursaris at hec.ca<mailto:constantinos.coursaris at hec.ca>
Pierre-Majorique Léger, HEC Montréal, Canada, pml at hec.ca<mailto:pml at hec.ca>
Joerg Beringer, Blue Yonder, Scottsdale, USA, joerg.beringer at blueyonder.ca<mailto:joerg.beringer at blueyonder.ca>