[AISWorld] AMCIS 2023 Final CFP – The metaverse impact on transforming our workspace: Hope or Hype?

Ikram Bououd ikram.bououd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 14:20:21 EST 2023

AMCIS 2023: August 10 – 12, 2023 (Panama City, Panama)

Track: Changing Nature of Work with ICT
Mini-track:The metaverse impact on transforming our workspace: Hope or
Hype?

*Submission:*
https://amcis2023.aisconferences.org/track-descriptions/#toggle-id-6

The metaverse Big Bang is no so far from now. All the IT giants (facebook,
microsoft, etc) are preparing their environments and proposing a long list
of assets to their users. We do know that this will disrupt our way of
working, our daily life. With augmented, virtual and mixed reality we will
be able to better “see” a situation or simulate how it will happen, we may
train ourselves better for surgeries on the metaverse before practicing on
daily life, we may learn how to achieve realistic design of our furniture
and convince the client beforehand. We may have the opportunity to work and
give conferences in many places on the same day ! we may help avatars to
try new products and order them directly!

However every opportunity is not without risks, mainly security, privacy
issues, anonymity issues, harassment and assaults, distraction and lower
productivity, etc.

*Important dates:*

   - January 6, 2023: Manuscript submissions begin
   - March 1, 2023: Submissions are due at 10 a.m. EST
   - May 9, 2023: TREOs, PDS and Workshops, and Panels submissions are due
   at 10 a.m. EST

*Mini-track Co-chairs:*
Ikram Bououd, Kedge Business School, ikram.bououd at kedgebs.com
Nacim YANES, Jouf University, nacim.yanes at gmail.com