[AISWorld] Special issue call for papers: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Usability Testing Research

Efpraxia Zamani efzamani at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 03:08:05 EST 2023

Journal: Journal of Responsible Technology

Submission deadline: 31 December 2023

Guest Editors: Sophie Rutter, Efpraxia Zamani

Call for papers:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/journal-of-responsible-technology/about/call-for-papers#equality-diversity-and-inclusion-in-usability-testing-research

Technology is part of our everyday life, with a number of technological
products and services supporting or replacing numerous business processes,
addressing every day needs and facilitating a range of functions, from
education and work to leisure and caring for others. Each of these
technologies need to ensure that they are usable by the wider population
and that their use and operation do not routinely exclude certain social
groups. With this Special Issue we want to draw attention to the usability
testing research process, and the need for embedding the values of
equality, diversity and inclusion to enhance the role of technologies
towards a fair and just world.

Tentative Schedule:
Submission Deadline: December 31, 2023
Notification of Acceptance: April 30, 2024
Manuscripts must be submitted via the Journal of Responsible Technology
online submission system (Editorial Manager®):
https://www.editorialmanager.com/jrtech/default2.aspx. Please select the
article type “VSI: EDI in Usability Testing” when submitting your
manuscript online.