[AISWorld] AIS World distribution content

Elina Hwang elina7 at uw.edu
Sun Mar 19 12:38:58 EDT 2023

2023 Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST)

Call for Papers

Theme: Leadership in the Digital Age: Navigating Uncertainty and Change

CIST 2023 will take place in downtown Phoenix, Arizona on Oct. 14-15, 2023. We invite original research in all areas of Information Systems and related fields that seek to address issues related to the conference theme: “Leadership in the Digital Age: Navigating Uncertainty and Change”.

As information systems and digital technologies continue to transform businesses, governments, and civil society, leaders must navigate complex and rapidly changing environments to achieve strategic goals and create value for all stakeholders. We encourage diverse research topics and methodologies that advance our understanding of leadership in the digital age and provide practical insights for individuals, business, and society.

CIST 2023 is currently planned to be held in-person. We are thrilled to have you here in the Phoenix metropolitan area.

Paper submissions will open on May 15, 2023. All submissions will be accepted electronically. Please visit our website (https://sites.google.com/view/cist2023/) for updates on registration, submission instructions, restrictions, and important dates.

Areas of Interest for Submissions Include (but not limited to)

•           Artificial Intelligence
•           Augmented and Virtual Reality Applications in Business
•           Bias and Ethical issues
•           Blockchain Technologies, Cryptocurrencies, and FinTech
•           Crisis Management and IT processes
•           Crowd Markets
•           Digital Advertising
•           Digital Collaboration
•           Digital Entrepreneurship & New Business Models
•           Digital Privacy
•           Digital Transformation and IT Innovation
•           Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
•           Green IT and Sustainability
•           E-Commerce
•           Economics of Digital Goods
•           E-Government
•           Explainable AI and Predictive Modeling
•           Healthcare IT and Analytics
•           IT, Labor Market, and Future of Work
•           IT and Productivity
•           IT and Social Good
•           Information and Cyber Security
•           Internet of Things
•           Machine Learning Algorithms and Applications in Business
•           Mobile Technology
•           Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision for Business
•           Personalization Technologies and Recommendation Systems
•           Platform Economics and Market Design
•           Predictive Analytics and Data Science
•           Sharing Economy
•           Social Networks, Media, and Technology
•           Software Engineering, Open-Source Software, and Open Standards
•           Technology and Creativity

Submission Instructions

Submissions will be accepted online via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cist2023>conferences/?conf=cist2023<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cist2023>).

Only papers that follow the specific guidelines below will be considered for acceptance:

●      Submissions must be blind, i.e., author names, contact, and affiliation information should NOT appear anywhere in the paper.
●      Papers are limited to a maximum of 15 pages of body text with at most 5 additional pages for abstract, references, tables and figures. Papers that exceed the page limit will be desk rejected.
○      Papers must be printable on 8.5 x 11-inch paper.
○      Papers must use 12-point, Times New Roman font with one-inch margins on all four sides.
○      Papers must be double-spaced.
●      Student papers must indicate on the first page whether the bulk of the work was done by a student to be considered for the Best Student Paper Award.
●      Papers submitted to EasyChair must be in PDF format and no larger than 50 MB.
●      Please note that CIST does not take ownership of paper copyrights.

Submission Restrictions

●      To promote diversity, we strongly recommend that no individual appear as an author on more than three papers submitted to CIST 2023.
●      We recommend that no individual serve as the presenting author for more than two papers submitted to CIST 2023.
●      If your paper has already been accepted for publication, or conditionally accepted, please refrain from submitting it to CIST 2023.
●      In the spirit of promoting original work, we ask that authors submit new work, and discourage work that has recently been presented at major IS conferences and workshops.

Important Dates

CIST 2023 Conference dates: October 14 & 15, 2023
Submissions Open: May 15, 2023
Submission Deadline: June 2, 2023
Registration Link Open: see Registration page on our website<https://sites.google.com/view/cist2023/>
Notification of Acceptance: August 11, 2023
Early Registration Deadline: September 1, 2023
CIST Speaker Registration Deadline: September 1, 2023

Organizing Committee:

Ashish Agarwal (University of Texas at Austin)
Pei-yu Chen (Arizona State University)
Wei Chen (University of Arizona)
Matthew Hashim (University of Arizona)
Elina Hwang (University of Washington)
Siddhartha Sharma (Indiana University)
Michael Shi (Arizona State University)
Tongxin Zhou (Arizona State University)

Elina H. Hwang PhD

Evert McCabe Endowed Fellowship in Private Enterprise
Michael G. Foster School of Business
University of Washington, Seattle WA
elina7 at uw.edu<mailto:elina7 at uw.edu>