[AISWorld] Two months left till submission deadline: Call for Papers for HICSS-57 conference, Minitrack "The Future of Knowledge Management: Visions, Opportunities and Challenges Minitrack"

Alexander Kaiser alexander.kaiser at wu.ac.at
Thu Apr 13 04:26:23 EDT 2023

Dear colleagues!

I am happy to inform you, that there will be a minitrack "*The Future of
Knowledge Management: Visions, Opportunities and Challenges Minitrack
<https://hicss.hawaii.edu/tracks-57/knowledge-innovation-and-entrepreneurial-systems/#the-future-of-knowledge-management-visions-opportunities-and-challenges-minitrack>"*
at the next HICSS conference in Hawaii (January 3-6, 2024 at Hilton
Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort), which is co-organized by our
institute. HICSS is the #1 IS conference in terms of citations as
recorded by Google Scholar. More than 1 million downloads have been
counted from the proceedings of the last four HICSS conferences.

We cordially invite you to submit a paper for this minitrack and ask you
to forward the CfP to your colleagues.
Paper submission deadline is June, 15 2023. There is also a  Fast Track
to Journal Publications for submission in our minitrack for the Journal
"The Learning Organization" (Emerald).

Please find a CfP below. Don't hesitate to contact me in case of any
questions.

Alexander Kaiser

Track:Knowledge Innovation and Entrepreneurial Systems

*Minitrack: The Future of Knowledge Management: Visions, Opportunities
and Challenges*

*/Call for Papers:/*//

The field of Knowledge Management (KM) has been undergoing a fundamental
transformation. On the one hand, new and emerging topics such as
Responsible Knowledge Management, Spiritual Knowledge Management or KM
in purpose-driven organizations are gaining traction in research and
practice. On the other hand, the ever-increasing computational
capacities and features of digital technologies, such as Artificial
Intelligence, are changing how we collaborate, communicate and connect,
paving the way for increasingly powerful KM systems. What do all these
changes mean for the way we understand and study knowledge and KM? This
minitrack is intended to bring together novel ideas to explore the
future role of KM research and KM practice in a changing and
increasingly dynamic digital world. Our overall goal is to define a
research agenda for KM of the future and showcase how modern and
innovative KM research looks like.

Researchers and practitioners are invited to share and present their
ideas and proposals which topics KM research should address in the next
decade.

We welcome submissions for this minitrack adopting different theoretical
lenses and worldviews, using a variety of research methods and
conceptual ideas, and exploring the topic with a visionary mindset.

*Topics covered include (but are not limited to):*

  * What role should KM play in an increasingly connected world and how
    to ensure that role is realized?
  * How can KM research tackle and contribute to solving the grand
    challenges of our times?
  * What role does KM play in the transformation towards sustainable
    business?
  * Business Ethics and KM – what can KM contribute to doing well by
    doing good?
  * How can new approaches to KM, such as Responsible KM, be realized by
    means of concrete tools, techniques, and methods?
  * What are epistemological alternatives to the prevailing paradigm of
    instrumental-calculative rationality, i.e., to the reliance on
    rational knowledge and thinking?
  * KM and Spirituality – what is their link?
  *

    What is the role of practical wisdom (i.e., phronesis) in managing
    organizations?

  * How can the realization of an organization's purpose and KM be
    connected?
  * How can KM support topics such as Organizational Becoming or
    Organizational Self-Enactment?
  * What is the role of tacit knowledge and how can the use of tacit
    knowledge be further improved in organizations and at the individual
    level?
  * How can insights from KM research and practice enable remote work?
  * KM as the foundation for Artificial Intelligence – or Artificial
    Intelligence as enabler for KM, or both directions?
  * How should we integrate AI-based systems into KM initiatives as they
    possess increasing processing capabilities and degrees of agency
  * How much knowledge is in digital representations of knowledge, such
    as knowledge graphs?
  * In what ways do new digital technologies change how people and
    organizations communicate and collaborate, and how does this change
    KM?How and to what extent should we expand established KM frameworks
    to account for new digital technologies?
  * What is the role of unlearning in envisioning as well as adopting
    new KM practices?

*Important Dates for Paper Submission*

·June 15, 2023 | 11:59 pm HST:Submission Deadline

·August 17, 2023 | 11:59 pm HST:Notification of Acceptance/Rejection

https://hicss.hawaii.edu/ <https://hicss.hawaii.edu/>

https://hicss-submissions.org/ <https://hicss-submissions.org/>

*_Minitrack Chair:_*

Alexander Kaiser - Vienna University of Economics and Business - Email:
alexander.kaiser at wu.ac.at <mailto:alexander.kaiser at wu.ac.at>

_Minitrack Co- Chairs:_

Florian Kragulj - Vienna University of Economics and Business Email:
florian.kragulj at wu.ac.at <mailto:florian.kragulj at wu.ac.at>

Thomas Grisold - University of Liechtenstein Email:
thomas.grisold at uni.li <mailto:thomas.grisold at uni.li>

ao. Univ. Prof. Dr. Alexander Kaiser
WU - Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien (Vienna University of Economics and Business)

Head of the Knowledge Management Department and Deputy Head of Institute

Welthandelsplatz 1, A-1020 Vienna, Austria
Email:alexander.kaiser at wu.ac.at
Web:http://wu.ac.at/kbm
      http://wu.ac.at/infobiz