[AISWorld] What you wish you knew

Andrew Schwarz aschwarz at lsu.edu
Mon Apr 17 07:47:19 EDT 2023

I am teaching a new doctoral seminar coming up this Fall - what you wish you knew before starting your job as an assistant professor.

Our vision is to create a seminar that is outside of the traditional topic areas that are covered in research seminars and is focused upon helping doctoral students to prepare for the transition to life in academia - similar to a professional development workshop.

If you have taught a similar class and/or have any interesting readings or books that you think would be helpful for doctoral students, I would be interested in hearing your perspectives and will share the results of what I find with anyone that is interested.

All the best.

[LSU]<http://www.lsu.edu/>
Andrew Schwarz, PhD
Professor
Stephenson Department of Entrepreneurship & Information Systems
Louisiana State University
2217 BEC, Baton Rouge, LA  70803
aschwarz at lsu.edu<mailto:aschwarz at lsu.edu> | lsu.edu<http://www.lsu.edu/> | https://lsu.edu/business/sdeis/