[AISWorld] Professor Zhang Han assumes the role of Editor-in-Chief of Information and Management (I&M) starting 1 July 2023

Patrick Chau Patrick.Chau at nottingham.edu.cn
Mon Jul 3 22:29:26 EDT 2023

Dear Colleagues:

After more than ten years in the role of Editor-in-Chief (EIC) of Information and Management (I&M), I have decided to step down from the role.

I am very pleased to inform the community that Professor Zhang Han, Steven A. Denning Professor of Technology & Management at Georgia Tech, assumes the role of Editor-in-Chief of Information and Management (I&M) starting 1 July 2023.  Professor Han has been on the editorial board of I&M since I took up the EIC role in 2012, first as an Associate Editor and in January 2020, as the first senior editor of the journal.  He is also serving or has served on the editorial board of many top-tier journals including as Senior Editor of MISQ. Dr. Zhang's research focuses on the economics of information technology, online trust and reputation, online word-of-mouth, and the evolution of electronic markets. His research work on the institutional setup to help small businesses grow in the digital economy has been used as the basis for testimony before the Congressional House Committee on Small Business. His research has appeared in several premier journals such as Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Management Information System, among others. I hope you will support Dr. Zhang in his new role as EIC of I&M and will continue supporting the development and growth of the journal.

On a side note, and some of you might have already known, I am moving to a new school by the end of this summer.  That school has a very long name, Beijing Normal University-Hong Kong Baptist University United International College (UIC in short) and is located in Zhuhai, Guangdong Province, China.  You are very welcome to visit me if you happen to come to this part of China.  Zhuhai is not far away from two other major cities, Guangzhou and Shenzhen.

Cheers,

Patrick Chau
EIC, I&M (until 30 June 2023)

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of The University of Nottingham Ningbo China. This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with The University of Nottingham Ningbo China may be monitored as permitted by UK and Chinese legislation.