[AISWorld] Faculty Position: Associate Professor in Business Analytics at the Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand

Harminder Singh harminder.singh at aut.ac.nz
Tue Aug 1 01:49:22 EDT 2023

** Associate Professor in Business Analytics
** AUT Business School, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand

kia ora koutou,

The AUT Business School<https://www.aut.ac.nz/study/study-options/business-and-economics> at the Auckland University of Technology (AUT)<https://www.aut.ac.nz/> invites applications for the position of Associate Professor in Business Analytics, to start in late 2023/early 2024 (date to be agreed with the successful candidate).

# The University
As one of the world's top 50 young universities and New Zealand's newest, Auckland University of Technology (AUT)<https://www.aut.ac.nz/> is a university of opportunity where all students with talent and potential have the chance to succeed. We are a socially driven university with equity and excellence central to our purpose and actions, and we offer a stimulating teaching and research environment with strong connections to government, business, and industry. AUT has more than 27,000 students and over 4,000 staff based primarily at our three Auckland<https://www.aut.ac.nz/about/careers-at-aut/working-at-aut/academic-careers-at-aut-in-auckland,-new-zealand> teaching campuses.

# The School
Accredited by AACSB and EQUIS, AUT Business School <https://www.aut.ac.nz/study/study-options/business-and-economics> is a leading provider of innovative business education. We have over 3,700 students and around 130 academic staff. Our programmes include a very successful Bachelor of Business, featuring a substantial work-integrated learning placement, recently refreshed Master's degrees (including a fast-growing Master's of Supply Chain Management), and a strong doctoral degree. AUT Business School's partnerships with commercial, governmental, and not-for-profit organisations provide a variety of engagement opportunities and platforms to enhance the school's societal impact.

# The Role
As data analytics has matured as a discipline, its use has diffused across all sectors of business and society. At the same time, data analytics is gradually being incorporated in the larger shift towards AI-infused processes and practices. To take advantage of these shifts, AUT Business School is looking for a forward-thinking Associate Professor in Business Analytics who has teaching experience and research expertise in at least one of these other domains: innovation, digital business, strategy, financial technology, sustainable finance, information systems, project management, or supply chain management.

This role will be key in leading our ongoing development of data analytics in the business context, aligned to our strategy promoting a cross-disciplinary approach to curriculum and research. The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership capability in an academic context and be willing to take up a future substantial leadership role as opportunities arise, including developing and leading new programmes, acting as the head or deputy head of a department, and being an associate dean or research centre leader.

The successful applicant will teach a range of courses with a research-informed and applied focus, develop leading edge curriculum, supervise postgraduate students and conduct and publish high-level scholarly research, communicate relevant aspects to wider audiences, and work to achieve a positive social impact. It is also expected that, over time, the successful candidate will seek external research funding, engage with government, business, professional bodies and the community, and contribute to School/Faculty activities.

# Application Procedure and Selection Criteria

We welcome applications from current Associate Professors (or Senior Lecturers of high standing) in Business Analytics who have significant academic leadership experience.

Apply at the AUT Careers site: https://careers.aut.ac.nz/?job=86625TC  Along with your full academic CV (including a complete list of publications), please submit: a) a cover letter which explains why this particular role and AUT are of interest, and b) a statement addressing how your experience aligns with the selection criteria below:

  1.  A proven track record of significant academic leadership and service
  2.  Sustained outstanding contributions in teaching, assessment, curriculum design and contribution to graduate and postgraduate programmes including the supervision of Honours, Masters and PhD students.
  3.  A research and scholarship record with sustained outstanding contributions and a recognised contribution to the academic field at a national and international level.
  4.  A track record of successful research grant applications and strong writing and organisational skills.
  5.  Experience in establishing effective and enduring relationships with business, government, professional groups and the wider community.
  6.  A strong balance between practical acumen and theoretical knowledge
  7.  A PhD/Doctorate in a relevant business field.

Applicants are welcome to add further comments of their own, which they feel are of relevance to the role and its requirements.

Applicants should also provide names, contact details and clarifications of relationship for at least three potential referees. Referees will not be contacted without the prior consent of the applicant.

For academic enquiries: Contact Professor Alireza Tourani-Rad, Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law - atourani at aut.ac.nz<mailto:atourani at aut.ac.nz>.

For recruitment enquiries: Contact Mike Wood, AUT Executive Recruitment Partner - mike.wood at aut.ac.nz<mailto:mike.wood at aut.ac.nz>.

The AUT Business School is committed to achieving greater diversity and welcomes applications from all, including in particular, suitably qualified individuals from underrepresented groups.

Applications close on Monday, 21 August at 11:55pm (NZST). We expect interviews to take place in September or October.

ngā mihi mahana

Harminder

Associate Professor Harminder Singh,
Head of Department,
Department of Business Information Systems,
Faculty of Business, Economics & Law,
Auckland University of Technology

Private Bag 92006, Auckland 1142
New Zealand