[AISWorld] Teaching Faculty Position at Florida State University

Noyan Ilk nilk at business.fsu.edu
Tue Aug 22 08:01:45 EDT 2023

College of Business

Florida State University

Teaching Faculty Position

The College of Business at Florida State University invites applications for a teaching faculty position in Business Analytics pending final budgetary approval. The start date is August 5, 2024. Preference will be given to candidates whose teaching interests focus on management information systems and analytics including programming, technical, and quantitative courses. The teaching load will be 4/4 with multiple preparations. Some master's level and additional course offerings may be possible.

Department: Business Analytics, Information Systems & Supply Chain Department

Qualifications

Potential candidates should have a willingness to teach both in person and online undergraduate courses on topics including analytics, database, data management, system analysis and design, and IT infrastructure.

A completed doctorate in an area of specialization consistent with management information systems or analytics from an accredited institution at the time of appointment is required.

Contact Info

For inquiries regarding this position, please contact:

Dr. Ashley Bush

Department Chair

Department of Business Analytics, Information Systems & Supply Chain College of Business Florida State University abush at business.fsu.edu<mailto:abush at business.fsu.edu>

University Information

Florida State University offers an excellent research environment, with competitive teaching loads, generous research and teaching support, and competitive salary and benefits. The university is located in Tallahassee -Florida's capital city; a vibrant community that offers exceptional living conditions, cultural activities, and recreational opportunities. Florida State University is a Carnegie research-extensive university and designated as a Preeminent University by the State of Florida.

FSU Total Rewards

FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.

Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.

How To Apply

If qualified and interested in a specific Faculty job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://hr.fsu.edu/facultyjobs.

Use the Job ID: 54993

If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.

Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita.

Our initial screening of applications will begin immediately. Priority will be given to applications received on or before August 31, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Application materials include:

1) A letter of interest

2) Curriculum vitae

3) Three letters of reference

This position requires that you have three confidential professional letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. Follow the steps below to request these letters through our system:

1) After submitting your application, click the Careers link.

2) Click the My References link.

3) Click the Send/View Reference Request button next to the appropriate position.

4) Follow the steps on that page to send your references a system generated email requesting they submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf.

You may also return to the My References link and click on "Send/View Reference Request" to see if your references have responded, add additional references, or resend requests.

Considerations

This is a Faculty position.

This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.

Equal Employment Opportunity

An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.

Noyan Ilk, Ph.D. | Synovus Associate Professor of Business Administration | Department of Business Analytics, Information Systems & Supply Chain | The College of Business | Florida State University | 850-644-8216 (office)