[AISWorld] CFP- The 13th CNOW Workshop SIG-CNOW PRE-ICIS WORKSHOP "CHANGING NATURE OF WORK: RESHAPING HUMAN ENDEAVOURS WITH DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES".

Liana Razmerita lra.msc at cbs.dk
Tue Sep 5 05:37:15 EDT 2023

The 13th CNOW Workshop SIG-CNOW PRE-ICIS WORKSHOP
"CHANGING NATURE OF WORK:
RESHAPING HUMAN ENDEAVOURS WITH DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES".

Virtual First Workshop
Time and Date: Saturday the 9th December, 13:30 PM - 7:30 PM UTC +5,5
Submission deadline: 18th September 2023
Notification of acceptance: 18 October 2023
Camera Ready version: TBA
Submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=13thcnow
Submission Template: Download template CNoW12Template-2023.docx<https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/AISNET/9954cc33-febd-4d00-a506-9c0b32e65c70/UploadedImages/ECIS_2023_template/CNoW12Template-2023.docx>
For more information see: https://communities.aisnet.org/sigcnow/13th-hyderabad

The nature of work and organizing is changing with the deeper embedding of new digital technologies in the workplace. New emerging digital work practices and arrangements based on remote and hybrid work are now the new normal way of working in many organizations. Digitization is therefore transforming work but also changing and challenging core aspects of organisations such as employee connectedness, engagement and how meaning and identity are formed and reproduced in day-to-day work. These deep effects contribute to the emergence of new forms of organising based on open platforms of communication, collaboration, and exchanges - for example, the growing use of crowd-based work platforms where it becomes less relevant to which organizations individuals belong. Digital workplace platforms and ecosystems can thus support more dynamic and fluid work arrangements within and across organisations, and allow for more flexibility in terms of when, where, and how we work. The potential to leverage the opportunities from this new landscape of work in organisations to improve the lives of workers is enormous. At the same time, there is great potential to create a better society and more sustainable organisations. Yet, this changing nature of work also raises many concerns and unintended consequences (e.g., digital fatigue, impact on well-being, meaningless work with algorithmic management and the corrosion of privacy). We need therefore to consider the future digitization of workplace and organizing. This is the theme for this workshop where we would like to discuss new and current research that improves or challenges our understanding of these themes.

You are invited to submit extended abstracts about your research (maximum 5 pages) related to the changing nature of work. Indicate whether this is a completed research project or research-in-progress.

Organizing Committee
Mari-Klara Stein, TalTech, mari-klara.stein at taltech.ee<mailto:mari-klara.stein at taltech.ee>
Joao Baptista, Lancaster University, j.baptista at lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:j.baptista at lancaster.ac.uk>
Louise Harder Fischer, IT-University of Copenhagen, louf at itu.dk<mailto:louf at itu.dk>

Liana Razmerita, Copenhagen Business School, lra.msc at cbs.dk<mailto:lra.msc at cbs.dk>
Bart van den Hooff, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, b.j.vanden.hooff at vu.nl<mailto:b.j.vanden.hooff at vu.nl>
We look forward to receiving your contributions.

Liana V. Razmerita

Associate Professor,
Copenhagen Business School, Dalgas Have, Office 2V027
http://www.cbs.dk/staff/liana

Google Scholar<https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=tFBhMIMAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&gmla=AJsN-F6VP-y8AMjbE9c3VufU2UJJ-cZxwSWSWean97gk0B2Q6YaEvSvjO6UdSblSL_naVQF0w1rjLEjOVjLc_mldqVr0EZWuTJS7KaUFQguEizn3sKsQRY0> and recent articles:

Razmerita, L., Brun, A., & Nabeth, T. (2022). Collaboration in the Machine Age: Trustworthy Human-AI Collaboration.
in M. Virvou, G. Tsihrintzis, & J. Lakhmi (Eds.), in Advances in Selected Artificial Intelligence Areas - World Outstanding <https://link.springer.com/book/9783030930516>
Women in Artificial Intelligence<https://link.springer.com/book/9783030930516> Springer Nature (333-356)

Program Co-chair of the 11th International Workshop of the ‘Changing Nature of Work: Digitizing For the Next Generation<https://communities.aisnet.org/sigcnow/cnow-2022>’ at ICIS 2021 and ICIS 2022.

Program track Co-chair for Changing Nature of Work with ICT<https://amcis2022.aisconferences.org/submissions/track-descriptions/#toggle-id-13> at AMCIS  2022 and AMCIS 2023.