[AISWorld] AMCIS 2024 CFP: SIG-ADIT Track

Hamed Qahri-Saremi hamed.qahri.saremi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 14:00:14 EST 2024

Dear Colleagues;

As one of the oldest Special Interest Groups in the IS community, SIG-ADIT (Adoption and Diffusion of IT) invites you to submit your paper to its track in AMCIS 2024 and join us in Salt Lake City, Utah. SIG-ADIT track includes four mini-tracks, as follows.

Adoption and Use of Creative Technologies
The market for and generation of digital art has seen a momentous shift in recent years, brought about by technologies such as image-generating artificial intelligence, immersive art, and monetization options such as non-fungible tokens (NFTs). Despite these shifts, there is a lack of understanding regarding the adoption, use, and effects of digital technology in the creative industry, among professional and aspirational artists, and in the general public. The effects brought about by this digitalization can have both bright and dark sides, such as new earning opportunities, faked realities, or copyright issues. To better understand these changes and the effects brought about by them, we invite high-quality research using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies such as surveys, case studies, ethnography, and big data analysis. We also welcome theory and review articles.

Mini-track Chairs:
Dicle BerfinKöse, BI Norwegian Business School, dicle.b.kose at bi.no
Christian Fieseler, BI Norwegian Business School, christian.fieseler at bi.no

Human Factors in Information Privacy & Security (ADIT)
The adequate development of inclusive information privacy and security policies and interventions profoundly depends on how stakeholders perceive and mitigate privacy and security issues. This mini-track emphasizes the need for research on how cultural values, social needs, stress and anxiety, technology capabilities, organizational and regulatory practices influence the adoption, modified use, or abandonment of technology. We welcome ideas that advance our understanding of how individuals engage with privacy and security issues, the factors driving their decisions, and the significance of digital equity in safeguarding their information and identity. We envision this space as a forum for the presentation and discussion of privacy and security challenges including innovations such as household technology, autonomous cars, AI, and IoT. We also invite research focused on Security Education and Awareness Training (SETA). To foster a global discussion of these important issues, this mini-track is open to all quantitative and qualitative research methods.

Mini-track Chairs:
Arturo Cano Bejar, Arizona State University, acanobej at asu.edu
Ilja Nastjuk, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, ilja.nastjuk at wiwi.uni-goettingen.de
Simon Trang, University of Paderborn, simon.trang at wiwi.uni-goettingen.de

The Dark Side of Technology Use
Contemporary technologies are known to have the potential to both benefit and harm users and organizations, rendering them a double-edged sword. Examples include social media, smartphones, modern AI artifacts, and health ITs that can be both beneficial and harmful for individuals, work emails that, despite their connectivity benefits, can be interruptive for work, and security software or access control tools that can come at the cost of security and privacy intrusions.  This minitrack is a forum for research on the antecedents, processes, consequences, and issues related to negative aspects of technology use that affect users, organizations, and society. Furthermore, it considers novel research on strategies and techniques for intervening and remedying the behaviors and challenges related to dark side phenomena.  Submissions may focus on but are not limited to topics such as: addiction,  technostress,  interruptions,  AI,  disinformation,  fake news,  deceptive behaviors,  health,  psychological and physical problems, and behavioral interventions.

Mini-track Chairs:
Murad Moqbel, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, muradmoqbel at gmail.com
Shamel Addas, Queen’s University, shamel.addas at queensu.ca
Hyunji So, McGill University, hyunji.so at mcgill.ca

Adoption and Diffusion of Digital Technology (General adoption and diffusion of IT mini-track for papers that do not fit into our other mini-tracks)
Emerging digital technologies are reshaping industries and altering user behaviors and expectations. This mini-track aims to enhance knowledge regarding the adoption and diffusion of digital technology. We invite all papers related to the adoption and diffusion of IT that do not fit into other mini-tracks in this track. This mini-track solicits expositions and investigations of both qualitative and quantitative natures. Analyses at different levels (individual, group, organizational, societal, and cultural) using a variety of methods (e.g., surveys, experimentation, case studies, observational studies, etc.) are welcome.

Mini-track Chairs:
Samira Farivar, Carleton University, samira.farivar at carleton.ca
Randy Wong, University of Auckland, randy.wong at auckland.ac.nz

Submission Deadline: March 1, 2024, 10 a.m. EST.

For more information about the submission requirements, please visit https://amcis2024.aisconferences.org/submissions/call-for-papers/
For more information about SIG-ADIT Track, please visit https://amcis2024.aisconferences.org/track-descriptions/#toggle-id-2

Track Chairs:
Hamed Qahri-Saremi, Colorado State University, Hamed.Qahri-Saremi at colostate.edu