[IRIS] Postdoctoral Position in Information Systems at Linköping University

Ida Lindgren ida.lindgren at liu.se
Tue Aug 24 09:51:54 EDT 2021

Postdoctoral Position in Information Systems at Linköping University - Apologies for cross-posting
We are inviting applications for 1-2 postdoctoral research fellow position(s) at the division of Information Systems and Digitalization. Research on public sector digitalization has been our main research area for more than 15 years and we conduct several research projects within this area. We wish to expand our research group and seek highly motivated scholars that want to be part of a creative and open work-environment. We can offer excellent possibilities for well-established theoretical and practice-oriented research, as well as teaching and pedagogic development.

Job description
The primary focus of the Postdoc position is to conduct research on digitalization of the public sector, with a focus on digital services, automatization, and artificial intelligence. We are seeking skilled and committed scholars that can contribute with high-quality scientific research, societal impact and international collaborations. The position also includes research-based teaching (maximum 30% of a full-time position), including supervising bachelor and master students on a broad range of topics concerning digital transformation and the information systems discipline.

The appointment as postdoctoral research fellow is made for two years at most. The position may be renewed if there are specific reasons for this. Starting day is 2021-11-01, or by agreement. The University applies individual salary scales adapted to the experience of the employee and to the labor market.

Requirements
We are looking for new colleagues to complement our team at an academic as well as a personal level, and who fit well with the following qualifications:

  *   A doctoral degree obtained no longer than three years before the expiration date of the application.
  *   Experience and documented skill in teaching in Swedish or English
  *   Experience of conducting research on digital services
  *   Documented skill in using qualitative, interpretive research approaches in terms of interviews and observations in which large amounts of unstructured data are analyzed

We look for applicants with a track record of research on digital government with an international impact, previous experience in teaching and student supervision on the topics mentioned above, and a strong commitment to high quality teaching. It is furthermore a merit to have documented skills in teaching courses relevant for the information systems field, and documented experience of working with combinations of qualitative and quantitative research approaches.

Learn more about the position and how to apply
You will find more information, and a link to the online application when you follow the link below. Closing date for applications is September 30th 2021.

URL to the Swedish webpage: https://liu.se/jobba-pa-liu/lediga-jobb?rmpage=job&rmjob=16682&rmlang=SE
URL to the English webpage: https://liu.se/en/work-at-liu/vacancies?rmpage=job&rmjob=16792&rmlang=UK

For more information about the position, please contact:
Professor Ulf Melin, ulf.melin at liu.se<mailto:ulf.melin at liu.se>
Head of division Johanna Sefyrin, johanna.sefyrin at liu.se<mailto:johanna.sefyrin at liu.se>
HR-partner Elin Bergfeldt, elin.bergfeldt at liu.se<mailto:elin.bergfeldt at liu.se>

*****************

Best regards,
Ida Lindgren

[Linköpings universitet]
Ida Lindgren
PhD., Associate professor
Information Systems and Digitalization (INDIG)
Department of Management and Engineering (IEI)
Linköping University
SE-581 83 Linköping
Telephone: +46-13-28 26 69
Visiting address: A-building, Campus Valla
Please visit us at: liu.se<https://liu.se/>