[IRIS] PhD Research Fellow in Management - Extended Reality Research

Karen Stendal Karen.Stendal at usn.no
Fri Dec 17 06:09:46 EST 2021

USN School of Business has a vacancy for a 100% position as PhD Research Fellow in Management from 01.08.2022

The position is located at the department of Business, Marketing and Law. The place of employment is campus Ringerike and the immediate superior is the Department Head.

The appointment is for a term of four years with 25% workload consisting of teaching obligations and/or administrative tasks.  It is a premise for employment that the PhD Research Fellow is enrolled in USN's PhD-program in Management within three months of accession in the position.

The PhD-position will work with researchers from the research groups in Management Information Systems and Organization and Leadership at USN School of Business. Among other topics, the group holds an extensive research portfolio on application of virtual technologies as well as the theory of affordance.

The PhD project will focus on the various action possibilities of virtual reality regarding virtual collaboration. The consequences of digitalization are manifesting in organizations and society, including the way we perform our tasks. The recent name change of Facebook to Metaverse is an example of the increasing importance of future virtual space for jobs and collaboration. To provide future workforce with required skills, the project will investigate how virtual teams work and collaborate in an extended reality (XR) environment to achieve common goals. The theory of affordance is particularly useful in explaining the action possibilities of virtual technologies and explore what facilitating conditions are needed to actualize those action possibilities.

https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/217105/phd-research-fellow-in-management-virtual-collaboration-in-teams?fbclid=IwAR3Hs4LL42r-gmMGeKHXhSvhqebAHnj0d3cDG3zDbXP1ydJpWPAbo8dWnBs

Best Regards,

Karen Stendal, Ph.D.
-
Program coordinator Master of Management Information Systems
USN School of Business, Campus Ringerike
Research groups: I-MERSE, Management Information Systems, and Health and Technology

Tel: +47 31 00 94 77
        +47 95 23 01 79
karen.stendal at usn.no<mailto:karen.stendal at usn.no>
www.usn.no<http://www.usn.no/>