[IRIS] Call for abstracts: Symposium on digital transformation

Soumitra Chowdhury soumitra.chowdhury at lnu.se
Wed Oct 27 17:50:05 EDT 2021

Dear all,

The department of Informatics at Linnaeus University, Sweden is organizing an international symposium on digital transformation. Please consider to submit a 2-page abstract. The best abstracts will be invited for submissions as full papers. The deadline is January 15, 2022. All details can be found here https://lnu.se/en/isdt2022

The symposium invites international researchers and practitioners in related disciplines to digital transformation to present, discuss and demonstrate different possibilities, current efforts and upcoming trends in this emerging field. We will have interesting presentations as well as exciting keynote speeches from practitioners and renowned academics.

Main themes of the symposium

Defining Digital Transformation: Although “Digital transformation” (DT) is widely used, a definition of the term is still unclear. It is certainly happening at various levels of our society and businesses and we need to define the phenomenon.

Creating a liaison between academia, public and private sectors: Since DT is taking place in our society, governmental authorities such as municipalities and other public administration bodies will be benefited from scientific research in DT with the development of new approaches for DT or the design of digital services. This research can be done in collaboration between academia and private sectors since private sectors are already ahead in DT initiatives and academic researchers can help with scientific knowledge on DT.

Combining methodologies and approaches from different disciplines: Special emphasis should be given to methodological issues of cross-disciplinary collaboration.

Looking forward to your contributions.

Best Regards
Soumitra

--------