[IRIS] Call for Participation – ECSCW 2022 Workshop – Coimbra, Portugal

Katka Černá katerina.cerna86 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 05:47:42 EDT 2022

Dear researchers,
We would like to invite you to submit your research contributions to our
workshop at the
20th European Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work. The
conference will
take place in Coimbra, Portugal from June 27th to July 1st, 2022.
Our emphasis is on co-creation, human-robot interaction, and lifelong
learning spaces.

ECSCW 2022: Robots in heterogeneous contexts. Negotiation of co-creative
lifelong
learning spaces through participatory approaches.
+ Workshop: https://www.co-creativespaces.com/
+ Conference: https://ecscw.eusset.eu/2022/
DESCRIPTION
-------------------
Our workshop will focus on contributing to how co-creative learning spaces
can be
supported in heterogeneous contexts and what different disciplines can say
about learning
and negotiation using robots as an example. This offers both workshop
participants and
organizers an insight into different approaches and a broader picture
regarding the concept
of lifelong learning in different fields.
Learning is inherently social. This raises several questions that relate to
how contexts and
spaces can mediate co-creative learning. In this workshop proposal, we
refer to the
interrelated aspects of space, learning, and embodiment and how these
aspects mediate the
human-robot interaction. Our assumption is that robots are interpreted
variously and used
in different ways. We are interested in the interrelation between
interpretation and use,
which are constitutive for the establishment of different co-creative
learning spaces.
Reflecting on this leads to an understanding of what to look for in
Participatory Design
studies. It matters, for example, whether persons in a nursing home have
any say at all in
how robots are perceived and in what technical practices robots are to be
integrated and
adopted. This is a crucial aspect for the appropriation of technical
artifacts and for the
development of new (E)CSCW or HCI paradigms.

CONTRIBUTING
----------------------
To participate, anyone interested must submit a current position paper (no
more than five
pages) that reflects their perspective or experience of co-creative
lifelong learning
spaces. Papers can address philosophical or theoretical considerations,
present
methodological insights, or empirical cases. Participants from various
research disciplines are

welcome. The deadline for submission is May 3rd. More information: “Call
for Papers <https://www.co-creativespaces.com/>“. If
you have further questions, please get in touch with us:
cocreativespaces2022 at gmail.com

Our plan is to publish the submitted papers. To do this, we plan to publish
a workshop report
in IRSI – an open source online journal (International Reports on
Socio-Informatics (IRSI) –
Internationales Institut für Sozio-Informatik (iisi.de)), where we will
publish papers revised
by the authors after the workshop. Finally, we also want to encourage the
workshop
participants to extend their research further by inviting them to submit to
a journal special
issue on the workshop’s topic. To be able to continue the discussion around
the topics of
robots, we will agree on creating a communication channel with the
participants. It is also
pursued to enable a sustainable cooperation between the participants and to
enable a
future collaboration in production or research.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------------------
+ May 3: Submission Deadline
+ May 6: Notification of Acceptance
+ June 27: Workshop at ECSCW 2022
The workshop will take place as a hybrid event (depending on the current
situation).

WORKSHOP ORGANIZERS
Richard Paluch, University of Siegen
Katerina Cerna, University of Gothenburg
Mohammed Obaid, University of Gothenburg
Galina Volkova, University of Siegen
Michael Seidler, Institute for Social Science Research (ISF Munich)
Tim Weiler, University of Siegen
Claudia Müller, University of Siegen