[IRIS] Call for position papers: Workshop @ NordiCHI Aarhus: Designing for the collective survival

Katka Černá katerina.cerna86 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 05:05:37 EDT 2022

Are you a designer, HCI practitioner or a HCI researcher concerned about
the collapse of society in the way we know it? Do you feel the need to
reflect over how your own work might contribute to this ongoing crisis?

Then we would like to invite you to our workshop *Designing for the
collective survival: design fiction game for the apocalyptic world* at
*NordiCHI
2022 in Aarhus, Denmark*! The purpose of this workshop is to go beyond
using design as a way to fix the future; and instead we want to envision
how to learn to live in a future that we cannot fix. Together with the
participants, we want to co-create a design fiction based game which aims
to explore the different ways how the more-than-human world will need to
collaborate to be able to create livable conditions for all. The workshop
aims to achieve:

1. Develop visions of the far away future through design fiction

2. Establish a design-fiction based game which can be further used by the
authors and the workshop participants

3. Enable participants to reflect over their current practice by providing
them a suitable future-oriented space.

Participants interested in exploration of the apocalyptic world and
implications for designers are invited to submit a position paper with
their vision of one of the key global crises, answering the question “*If
this will be our future, what will I do in it*?” in the ACM SIGCHI Extended
Abstract Format and (maximum 4 pages) to katerina.cerna at ait.gu.se by 21th
August 2022. The papers will be selected based on their originality and
possibility to inspire interesting scenarios. Upon acceptance, at least one
of the authors must register for the workshop. To read the full call and
access further information, please have a look at our website:

https://tinyurl.com/2p8rap22

Important dates

· Extended deadline: 21st August Submission of position papers;

· 17th August 2022: Notification of acceptance

· 3rd September Preliminary deadline for early-bird conference registration

· 9th October 2022 Workshop @ NordiCHI in Aarhus

Best regards,

Katka, Vasiliki, Marvin and Minna

Katka Katerina Cerna (University of Gothenburg, Sweden)
Vasiliki Mylonopoulu (University of Gothenburg, Sweden)
Marvin Landwehr (University of Siegen, Germany)
Minna Laurell Thorslund (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden)

Katka Katerina Cerna PhD

Senior lecturer, MDI, Applied IT,  GU

https://www.katkacerna.com/
[image: image.png]